Monday 15 June 2020

Did I Tell You I Had An Accident

Hello readers.

It's my first day back to regaining my fitness level to pre accident state.  Oh, did I not say, well I had a bit of a fall from my bike!  A big old husky dog ran in front of my bike and I came off!  No helmet, I landed probably head first! I am not sure as I can't remember much! Oh, oh ok I have told you, well that's good.  If you want to read about it all it will be on my cycling blog, complete with graphic pictures.  And if it just makes one other person to put on a helmet before riding, then my job is done!

So today, first day back, 14 days after the fall.  bruises still healing, cuts still healing and my should is definitely on the mend although it is still sore.  I was in a bit of a dilemma, do I go back to the TPB that has no weights or do I stick with where I left off from two weeks ago.  Well, being me, being bloody minded, I thought I would stick with where I left off!  Fool!  How many times have I moaned that people should come back and just take it easy!  Ok, so I thought I was going to take it easy anyway, if any pain happens other than then muscles groaning, then I would stop.  But I was a bit of a stubborn bugger and I didn't want to 'go back'.  It's not going back, honest, it's just warming up!  Anyway, I had bought my weights, my dumbbells and I was going to use them!  I was thinking of doing the harder version, where I would have needed my mate, but decided to just do the first one I did.  All standing, working out, with the weights and with out.  It's going to be tough anyway, so lets just see how it goes.

I announced to all the world......ok to my Facebook friends that I would be back prancing in front of my t.v. again, trying to get fitter.  At 11 in the morning I was there, poised, ready.  Weights ready, drink ready, youtube ready!  It really did feel good to say hi to everyone!  Jan was there, she was going to be joining in! Not sure who else joined in or just watched, but there was a few people that I said hi to!  So, beginners Team Body Project with resistance, all standing and it's something that I was able to do......and almost look like it was easy.....almost!  Two weeks off and a sore shoulder might make this look the michelin man trying to run a marathon without any training! 

The first few minutes, the warm up, was going really well, I couldn't even feel any niggling pain in my shoulder, I know I have been moving it about a lot more in the last 3 or 4 days, so I knew it would be ok.  Even after the workout began, still I wouldn't have known I fell of my bike, just felt good.  But then as the workout progressed, the weights, the squats, more weights, arms up, arms down, squats!  Boy did I feel it then.  Not pain, just aches and moans and groans in my muscles.  My shoulder did crumble a bit more and on the odd occasion I had to stop before the official break!  It was hard work, I got a bit of a sweat on, not like I usually do, but then I didn't work as hard as I usually do!  My muscles were just not letting me! 

So, tomorrow, I will push pass the pain!  I will not stop, once I press play then it's full on!  I have two weeks to catch up on!  This furlough business is not going to last much longer surely!  Mind you, I think once I am back at work, my working out are going to continue!  I am loving it!

Oh, I must introduce Jan's workout buddy, her granddaughter, she even used some weights!  How cool is that!

It's good to be back but don't worry, I won't be blogging everyday, but I just wanted to blog today to say 'Hi I am back, thank you all for your kind messages, flowers, chocolates and that lovely lillie plant, thank you all, I've missed you all"


No comments:

Post a Comment