Tuesday 24 September 2019

Club Run - Group 1 Me leading....?

Hello blog readers.

I was kicked out of the house this evening, metaphorically speaking.  Kicked out by PWR's because I was leading!  No excuse to not run, I am a group 1 leader, it's my turn, I don't have a broken ankle, or recovering from a brain transplant!  Get out there and go running!  Also the Old Boy told me to get out there too!  "You've been slacking" was the impression I got from him this evening!  I think I have too!

So, here I am, writing me blog, went out, ran, come back! Bish bash bosh!  Oh you would also so like it if that was it, right!  But I will waffle on a little bit more!  My new job, it's still going well, which means I am still get up at a sparrows fart in the mornings!  I am not a morning person!  Seriously not.  Early mornings at work have taken their toll on my running!  But I am just going to have to get used to it....apparently its how the rest of the world carry on anyway!  I have been falling asleep by about 10 ish!  Tuesday IS running night, I WILL run!  Especially if I am leading!

My super duper Garmin was pinging away with all the messages of 'I am not going running this evening'  The weather had put most people off, it was raining so hard early during the day!  Just a miserable day, people just didn't feel motivated.  I am lucky, I don't need motivation, I just need it to be my week for leading and that's what got me out!  I came up with a route, it's one of my old routes done in revers.  We ran out of the rec, turned left and then left again!  I hadn't run this road all the way to Petts Wood for ages, I was reminded of the 'little challenges' when I completed the members 10k the other week.  It needs to be done again, in reverse of course. 

All the way round till we got to Petts Wood, with just the four us, as I said, me 'leading'.  Only I was leading from the back, I was doing both sweeping and leading today!  The runners I had with me were so much fitter and faster than me!  They really did pull me along....on the running bits, I just pulled them back on the walking bits.  When I looked at my Garmin we were sometimes running at 11:20 m/mi.  I kept up with them for as much as I could! 

We ran 3.14 miles this evening, getting back to the rec, second group back!  I really enjoyed my run, it was just what I needed!  I needed to know, that actually, even though I am  tired, I can still run, I am just facing new challenges, a few adjustments need to done, early nights really, but I can do it!  Bring it on! 

Here's my geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment