Tuesday 1 October 2019

Beginners Week 3 - RefMichael is Back!

Hello blog readers.

Saturdays seems to come around pretty darn quick!  But it's good, because I love Saturday mornings, I love watching the beginners realise, that they can do it! They can finish this course!

I got there with Naggy, she is still on sidelines encouragement as she heals from her broken toe, RefMichael was there, raring to go, Sherry was busy with the clipboards, we still haven't managed to get emails to all our beginners.!  One day, it will all happen so perfectly it will be scary!  All our lovely beginners were there, I am sure feeling even more amazing than they were that first week!

After Sherry introduced our RefMichael to all the beginners he got straight down to business and put them through their paces.  First with the warm up routines of skipping, butt kicks, sideskipping and karaokas (?) I think that is how and what you call that funny little twisty run that we do! Then it was our 3 minutes of running and 3 minutes of walking!  Same amount of run/walk ratio!  There were a few nervous giggles and chitter chatter going on, but, when I looked at all of them I knew they would all do so well!  I felt sure that from this week on they will go on to surprise themselves and really start to feel confident about their running!

The running section started and everyone was just so eager to get going they almost always forget about pace!  There is one chap that just wants to run off at speed but fortunately one of our PWR volunteers got along side of him to keep him focused on building stamina rather than speed!  Speed will come a bit later!  We always have a great turnout of PWR's to help with our beginners!  Even though it's RefMichael, ZippySherry and me, who are the leaders, we really couldn't do without our regular army of volunteers that come along.  Some forego their parkrun every week others come and join us every other week!  Brilliant, love our club.  I am sure the beginners appreciate them running along side them too.

Our running was soon all over, the chitter chatter turned to "Oh my goodness I didn't think I could do that" and "I was dreading this week but it wasn't as bad!"  It really isn't as bad, as long as you follow the program, you can and will run a 5k! 

RefMichael led them all through the cool down stretches gave them their homework to do and then sent them over to me, I still have some email's pinging back to me as incorrect, so I tried to upload them directly onto the google doc as they were standing there!

I am so looking forward to next week!  It's going to be brilliant!






No comments:

Post a Comment