Thursday 15 November 2018

Shall I, Shan't I? - Get Your Ass Out There!

Hello blog readers.

You know sometimes, when, one by one of your mates, can't make a date, or meeting, or in my case a run, then your own resolve starts resolving!  It kind of leaves your Psyche quicker than I can neck a pint at a Hash House race!  I was finding all sorts of reasons and excuses not to go! When I put my last message into the whatsapp group seconds later, and I mean seconds later, Naggy was on the phone!  None of this pandering with text messaging malarkey, "Get your arse ready, meet you at 7:40" phone down, done!  What was I to do!  There was only one thing I could do, straight back into Whatsapp and told Auriol that she had better get herself ready too!  If I was going then she was too!

To be hones, I am bloody glad I went!  I don't think a runner has ever said "I wish I hadn't done that" Not one!  The session looked ok, well easy to figure out, nothing complicated, easy to do with my Garmin.  Run for 5 times for 4 minutes with 90 secs rest!  Simple.  Not only that, even if I had missed the ever so iddybiddy sound that comes from my watch, and the ever so gentle almost feather like feel vibration on my watch, Mike was on the whistle.  There was no way I was going to be running more that 4 minutes at a time!  But it also meant that I won't be taking more 90 seconds of rest each time!

It was a tough one, but then it is all about getting myself fitter, quicker(?) and it is an extra run for during the week!  It's what I need that's for sure.  I need to get rid of this 'food baby' the extra pounds that have made themselves at home on my hips......legs, belly, arms. face!  For 5 times we all run as best we could around the track, listen out for Mikes whistle.  And to keep us all finishing at the same place each time, we ran one way for 2 minutes, then a U turn for the next 2 minutes!  It works perfectly!  I struggled with the penultimate one, rep 4.  I slowed down to a walking pace, muttering away to myself, just before we got to the finish.  Then PWR showed it's colours again, "Come on Old Girl, nearly done"  "Go on Old Girl, just a few more steps" "Come on Mooshie"  Of course there is no walking back to the start with that sort of encouragement coming at ya, I started running again!

We finished with session with some much needed stretching!  A fantastic session!  loved it!

Here's my geeky stats, Auriols hubby, Nigel, worked it out our lap times were for the first two, 11:19 m/mi slowed to 11:36 and the the last was 11:55.  I am going to have to try and make it work the other way around! 



No comments:

Post a Comment