Tuesday 13 November 2018

Club Run - Leading!

Hello blog readers.

I know I still owe you all a blog for Saturday!  I will get to that, honest! But while this is still fresh in my mind I can put it down here. 

I ran in group 1 today, because I was leading!  It's weird, I was all set to run in group 2 until J.J. said to me "Who is leading group 2"  When I checked I noticed that I was down to lead group 1!.  Just as well I checked it out!  I think that is going to happen a lot now that I am only leading 1 in 4 weeks! 
I must admit, I still love it!  I still love leading!  Today of course, I didn't really have a route in mind! So I thought I would do one of our Christmas runs, it's going to be a woowoo run!  Just wait till Christmas to find out what that is all about! 

I picked up GetYourLegsUpTracy, on the way to the rec.  NaggyNeighbour was off gallivanting somewhere, some excuse about a birthday meal or something!  On a club night!  Can you believe it!?  I parked out side J.J.s and we all walked to the rec from there.  It looked like quite a lot of people this evening!  Maybe it's because it's a particularly mild evening!  This weather is barmy! Most people just had one layer on I think, I did, and I was pretty warm!

My route took us along to Petts Wood road and we had to run up!  I know, I know!  Anywhere you go around here there are hills! But this is just a small hill, well, a small gradient, it goes on for a bit!  But after this there was no other hills! Not to my knowledge anyway, no, not one, not one worth mentioning anyway!  And that's how I am going to look at inclines!  Once the biggest incline is done then the rest are just nothing!........Or was there really no other hill! Hmm.

My group 1's were all keeping together pretty well, not strung out at all!  I kept the pace a little slower than advertised pace to see how the newcomers coped.  One of the said that she hadn't really done any running much, just a 0-5k phone app thing with her sister!  So I didn't want to frighten anyone off!  I was pretty glad really, I don't want to push myself to hard, I have a 10k coming up this Sunday, I don't want to over exert myself! 

We ran around the streets of Petts Wood, up and over the rail way lines and then back down Tudor Way!  The whole run was just a really pleasant run!  I really enjoyed it, I hope all the others did as well!  I had a couple of the group 2's in with me as well, Ruth and Auriol, they are just starting their return to running.  I am so glad they drop down a group, it's so much nicer knowing that you can just join a group and run with them knowing you are not going to drag behind!

So, geeky stats, 3 miles bang on!  I couldn't have planned it better even if I did plan it!  (which I must have done at some point because I remember doing this route!)

No comments:

Post a Comment