Sunday 25 March 2018

Running On a Sunday Afternoon!

Hello blog readers

I went running this afternoon!  Oh, you knew, because you read the title of todays blog!  Ok, so yes I did a run!  I have some races planned for so I need to practice this running thing, you know, at least get to 4 miles this week! Try and get up each week before the big race, the Paddock Wood Half!  I can get a few more longish runs in before the half, I just need to be disciplined. 

Me and my group 1 buddies are in this what's app group, we just chat and have a laugh and plan stuff together.  Carole shared that she went for a run today, 7 k I think she said.  That inspired me to go.  When I got back from church I had told the Old Boy that I was going to go for a run, and then promtly sat down on my chair.  My Daughter walked in with the dog and that was it, he climbed up on my lap and he fell asleep.  It was difficult to move and I could feel myself growing roots to my chair and settling down doing nothing!  So, I shared in the group that I was thinking of going for a run!  Next minute NaggyNeighbour is putting up a message "I'll come with you" she said, "What do you want to do?"  That was that, I said "Lets do Normans Park, nice flat, can go fast or slow, no worries about traffic (hills) or stuff like that!  So that's what we did, after she finished drilling holes!

I got my stuff on, my legs was feeling stiff for some reason, I can't think why as I didn't really do a lot of running yesterday, but they deffo felt like I had lead in my legs! So heavy!  I went over to her house, once she had drilled one more hole we were ready to go.  We drove to the park, parked the car and then walked over to our starting possition, which is by the Lodge.  Then it began, the running.  We ran together for the first long straight then NaggyNeighbour said that she was going to go ahead.  Naggys mojo has been flagging of late, finding excuses not to go running, like drilling holes!  So being out here now she just needs to get and do her thing!  Which is speedy running!  I need to get on and do the best that I could!  With every 10 seconds Naggy was a little further ahead,  she is so going to lap me before I finish my 4th lap.  I thought she lapped me at parkrun, but I asked her after and she said she hasn't done that......yet! 

On my way round I met the walkers, the dog walkers, families with kids, with kids on scooters with kids on bikes, I saw dads carrying kids bikes and even pushing their kids on  their bikes!  The thing is they noticed me too.  A few of them said "Well done" or "It's tough isn't it" as I passed them by on the first time.  Some said, "Good for you, I wish I could"  It is possible for the to run, but right there and then was not the time to recruit for PWR.

By the time I completed the third lap I was thinking I could quite easily quite right about now! But the comments I was getting from the walkers and dog walkers and.......you know everyone else kept me going!  One of them, with the child on a bike, asked how many miles I was doing "Four times around thats about 4 miles" I said.  And then I started my forth lap.  I had no idea where Naggy was I couldn't see her.  I ran up the long straight towards the park,  it's the best bit, I can put on a bit of speed down this bit as it's kind of on a slope!  I got to the park and I heard some feet pounding behind me "That's Naggy, I know it's Naggy" I thought to myself.  It turned out to be a runner with a dog!  Phew. Ok so I need to concentrate get the job done, maybe she is waiting at the Lodge after all.  but knowing Naggy I knew she wouldn't be.  I passed the park and then took a sneaky look behind me!  There she was, just getting to the park! Flipping eck. she is soing going to catch me up, I still have half a lap to do!  I ran a little bit faster and then I heard "Keep going Moosh" she said to me from behind.  She was close enough to chat to me now.  I kept going and then just as she got to me 'Ping!'  My bra strap came away!  Darn it.  I am not going to stop my stride and ask her to fix it so I kept running.  Then she passed me by with a "Keep going, see you at the lodge"

I kept my focus on Naggy again as she once again pulled away from me.  I kept going and going. Of course I did my walking, my geeky stats will show that.  I passed the 'end of parkrun' point and kept on going.  I need to get to the lodge and that will be it.  I was feeling ok, no energy of course and lead legs, but if I was doing a 6 mile run I could so easily carry on.  The lodge was just ahead, I could see Naggy going along for another lap!  No, surely she wouldn't be thinking that.  I decided that I will pass the Lodge and then follow her.  She got to the pavillion and then she turned around.  Of course that was what she was going to do.  I decided that I would get to her and then stop my watch.  When we did meet I stopped my watch, "I need to get to 10k, just a bit more" she said.  I look at my watch, "4.75 miles" Nah I can't leave that like that "Ok, I have got to make it 5 miles" I said so I restarted my watch and ran till it got to 5 miles.  which was just about back to the carpark after doing the little bit of path around the woody bit!

Yup I am happy with that, here's my geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment