Tuesday 20 March 2018

Club Running - On The Way Towards Summer!

Hello blog readers

This is the last club run for the GMT time! Next week we shall be running an hour earlier, BST, summer,  officially starts!  Oh if only!  I can't wait for the warmer weather, I have had enough of the cold!  I was going to sort out a new route, taking in Cardiac hill!  I shall work on that one for next week I think.  Today I took everyone to Tillingbourne Green.  You should hear the groans!  They love it really, everyone loves to just push themselves just a bit each week.

I had a group of 11 ladies today, IllustriousLeader was joining us too, J.J. was back and Carole was too.  We also had a newbie starting with us too, someone who had come through the beginners from the last course.  Tracy was running too, without her sidekick K!  I am sure she is going to do brilliant!

So after everyone had gathered by their leaders we watched and waited till we were the last out of the green.  Then it was our turn.  Out the gate turn left and then at the end of the road turned right!  All the way to the top of Birchwood.  The first of the little challenges.  I have to keep going, mainly because I am leader but also because summer is on it's way!  I have a bikini body somewhere in this winter warmer body of my mine!  I just can't remember where I put it!  The only way I am going to find it is diet (blah!!!! I hate that word) and more exercise!  It's the only way!  Less calories going in, more calories burning up!  Simples, right!  So I need to attack these little challenges on my club runs, but still keep it nice and pleasant for everyone else!  Run at your own pace up the hills!  It's a simple as that!  There will be some that will run faster, and some that will run slower, but all will push themselves to get up the hills.

We turned right and and ran till we were opposite Sherbourn road.  A nice little down hill and then the green itself.  A lovely challenge!  ...... What am I saying!? Delirious I think, but it really is a lovely challenge.  Every time I run around this green I try and get further before I have to stop, this time I am pleased to say that I didn't stop running until I got all the way around the green! Yup, deffo enjoyed that little challenge.  I was glad that we had a little break while we waited for the others though.

The next little challenge was to far off, in fact it was as soon as we all regrouped after the green,  The cheeky little hill that leads up to the main road.  Everyone up, run it, attack it, get up there as best as you can, we can do this, beat it, beat it, get it done!  I ran with Tracy, she wasn't looking for to it, I can tell, the vibes, the looks.  But I know Tracy can get up this hill like a boss!  I ran with her, "Come on Tracy, get up there, keep going"  Do you know what?  She did it, she even passed some of the other runners, the sweeper swept passed them and waited for at the top for the others!  I think she was pleased then.  Excellent running!

After that it's virtually all down hill! A perfect run.......oh plus the last bit of Petts Wood Road and that really is the last of the inclines! All done.  We got back with in the hour, feeling pleased with ourselves and did our stretches in the rec.

I am loving my running again.  Got to do more of it!

Geeky stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment