Tuesday 23 January 2018

Get Out There Woman!

Hello blog readers.

I am so pleased I have my club to run with and that I was leading too! I could quite easily roll over and .....well, maybe not roll over, but pull my blanket over myself and watch the telly!  It's been a bit of a day! The fact that the last time I ran was last Thursday evening too!  I know, I've been lazy, and broken dry January too!  Weak, just a weak woman!  I need those still quiet voices to kick me up the arse and get me out!  But I know those still quiet voices now need to be 'shouty, shouty out loudy, slap on the arse and get out the door' voice.  For tomorrow me and Naggy are signing up for the Paddock Wood Half! So no half arsed running anymore!

Naggy and I picked up Tracy and Ade and drove on to the rec, we were greeted by our running club buddies! There were quite a few today, it must be because it's quite a mild January evening!  A little tiny bit of rain, which soon cleared up before we even got out of the car!  I planned to take my group up Birchwood again, just like last week, but then go to the left instead of the right. It's our K9 route, it still involves some tiny little undulations, but not as long as last weeks Tillingbourne.  So after all the leaders had given out their routes, distance and pace they all gathered around the leaders with the paddles for a count up before going for our run.  There were 15 of us in my group, not bad at all!

All the groups left the rec, one by one, we were the last group to leave, and just on the opposite side of the entrance to the rec was KevTwoBalls, he had brought along his camera to film us all as we left the rec, I am looking forward to seeing this film that he is busy working on.  He captured this picture just as he was setting up, before he started his filming!  Doesn't it look brill!
Captured by Kevin Howarth,
aka KevTwoBalls

We all ran passed KevTwoBalls and ran along to the end of Crossways and then turned right up Birchwood, our first little hill this evening.  We are a mixed bunch of athletes in group 1, some can run faster but still can't quite manage to do the extra distance in the next group, so we were spread out a little bit this evening.  Tracy and Kay were doing a great job of sweeping.  These two ladies just keep on running, non stop, because while we at the front stop for a catch up as soon as they have caught up then we start running again!  No rest for the wicked as I said to them when we got to Kevington Drive!  I do like to do a little bit of hill training on this particular little hill, it's only very short.  I like to see how many times I can run up it before the sweepers get to me.  Today I only ran up and back down again before  they got to us.  I think RefMichael managed to do two reps.!  But of course we all had to run up it to get back back to the rec.

Once we were back on to the main road we ran down to the big roundabout ready to do the very best bit of this evenings run, the long down hill to Crossways.  It was a good run today, a run that did me the world of good.  I needed to run, to get those feel good vibes through my body!  They never arrive when I am running, only for that split moment or two after a run!  But at least its there!

Next week I shall try to remember to take a picture or two of my group!  They really are a fab bunch of people, all with their own inspiring stories!  Here's our geeky stats anyway!




No comments:

Post a Comment