Tuesday 2 January 2018

Club Run - First Run Of The Year!

Hello blog readers.

It's  started and it started well!  It wasn't and ideal day, but at least it started off on the right foot and hands.....and backs!  This morning, instead of having and extra ten to fifteen mins sleep I got out of bed and did three reps of squats, sit-ups, lunges, push-ups and a thirty second plank!  Yup, that's right.  This year I am going to do it (again) no more killing myself slowly with ciggies, chocs, and over indulgence of booze, no more excuses, I need to kick my ass! Hence I dragged myself out of bed and flung myself on the floor.   It wasn't a pretty sight that's for sure.  As soon as I had finished my three reps (I decided to go gentle for the first week, I am not completely horrible you know!) I got myself ready to go see Kirtsy.

So, club run is next.  I was looking forward to it actually, looking forward to getting back to it after the Christmas festivities.  I seriously almost went back to Old couch potato days!  Apart form 1 parkrun I hadn't really done anything healthy!  To be truthful I wasn't quite sure how I was going to do today,  I was still feeling a little rough, still suffering from the cold virus that was shared about by all recently! Flipping nora, first run back and first excuses!  Tut, tut!  Butt kicking time again!

Anyway, in group 1 today we had 10 of use, some have come back, the New Year resolutions making them do it! Our Carole is back after her surgery from months back!  It was good to see her,  as well as our usual group members.  Yes, we have all over indulged and everyone was pleased that I did chose our 'easy introductory' route, the one that goes up Kingsway way first, and then Crestview road and all around Crescent Drive.  It is a lovely flatish route, and usually we can get around it quite easily.  But today, with the rain and the cold, it was quite difficult for us, I think storm Eleanor is coming to visit!  The cold started to get to us especially as the rain just fell almost as soon as we started to run, it had been dry until we left the rec. 

As we were having a catchup point on the corner of Shepperton Road we saw group 2 coming along from the other end.  Auriol had a brill idea of seeing if our faster group 1er's would like to finish off with group 2.  Well we had 2 of them decide that they would like to try and see if they can do it, Ruth didn't mind taking a couple of extra's and so we watched as they all ran up Shepperton, we followed on moving just a tad slower than.  With a catchup up at the top of Shepperton I decided that we needed to just cut our run short for the sake of not making our coughs and colds worse or indeed come back.  Tracy has only just come back from her bout of flu!

I took them left to head down Petts Wood high street, we were going to go back over the foot bridge and then run all the way down Petts Wood Road till we get to Crossway and then back to the rec.  It was a short run, it was a wet and windy one, but it was absolutely fab to see my running buddies!  Year 2018 started off......ok!  Now to sort our nutrition!  I need to eat properly now, a small pot of fruit and a few biscuits is probably not the best if I wanted to push myself real hard today, just as well I was leading group 1 today!

Geeky stats.

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/embed/2410769730' title='Group 1 (leading)' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment