Saturday 23 December 2017

Last parkrun Before Christmas

Hello blog readers.



Well, the last run before Christmas and what a day to do it.  The weather is perfect, its quite mild out.  All though I had a night in for a change, I wasn't feeling it, I was tired.  The Old Boy had gone to work in the night and I just couldn't sleep.  But I had to go, it was RefMichael's 50th parkrun and also it was Matts 250th!  It was also fancy dress, but I had forgotten my Santa hat, bleary eyed and tiredness made me forget.

I was by myself driving to Normans park, the other ladies were ill or shopping, but I knew that the rest of the regulars would be there, and I wasn't wrong.  J.J., LittleJ, Carole, K, Jo and of course Michael, as well as tons of other PWR's, in fancy dress of course!  Christmas parkrun is a colourful affair. 

The usual safety speech was given and the milestone runners names were read out!  Not it's time to run.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do, I've not really been in my keep healthy regime, smoking, eating way too much sugar and of course 'Christmas cheer' is all around!  Just get around it and see how it goes.

All us group oner's stayed together for just a few metres and then me and J.J. just started to edge a bit in the front of the group, and just ran on together.  We were running a bit faster than our usual group 1 pace, I wasn't sure if we could keep it up, I know I couldn't, maybe next year!  Next year I will pull myself together, find the mojo to keep me going.  I need to get fit, for me!  Yes next year.  For this parkrun, I think I will just get around as best as I can.

We ran and walked around the 5k course, thinking about the cake and brownies at the end!  That will at least help to keep us motivated.  Doing that last lap was tough, I do really need to take a bit more care of my self.

So I do believe I was faster than last week, of course!  Last week it was very cold and very slippy and icy, so of course I was going to been that, thank goodness!
Michael
Santas 250Th

Geeky stats.

No comments:

Post a Comment