Tuesday 24 October 2017

Club Run!

Hello blog readers.

This evening is our club run!  It's also half term and that means that some of our members go away for a few days during the school holidays, so numbers were depleted in all groups, but in my group the numbers were really down!  When I had a count up there were only 2 of us!   So I made an executive decision that we will join group 1.5 and swell their numbers as they were somewhat depleted too!  Just then three more people joined us, one of the new group 1 ladies from last week, one of our regular group 1 ladies and a chap who usually runs in group 6!  But he decided to run along with us in group 1.5 as group 6 had already gone!

Newly qualified LiRF Joanne was our leader in group 1.5 and I was sweeper along with IllustriousLeader.  I knew that a couple of my group 1's will find it a little challenging this evening and I didn't want then to feel as if they were holding anyone up.  I could always take my group members on a shortened version of Joannes route!  We were kind of doing the route that I was going to do anyway, with just a couple of different roads thrown in.  So I knew that the group 1's can do this.

Joanne was a fabulous leader, she kept a tight reign on the front runners, not letting them pull us along too hard.  The route was a nice route, with no hills, maybe just a very small incline, quite doable for us, even running at a slightly faster pace!  It was a fun filled run, we almost lost our group 6 runner to the Orpies, 'someone' thought that the group that was running along was our group 6 but it turned out that it was ORR's!  There was also some quizzing going on apparently as some of the members swot up on their general knowledge!

We in group 1 did take a couple of the shorter routes and got back to the rec a few minutes before the rest of the group, ready for the stretching, which Joanne delegated to me to do!  I loved it, and it also showed our group 1's what it's like in the next group up, whether they are ready for it, or even if they could actually move up to group 2! 

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment