Tuesday 31 October 2017

Club Run - Spooky Times

Hello blog readers.

NaggyNeighbour drove us this evening, we picked up Tracy and got to the rec! There were already loads of people there, a good turn out considering! It was an interesting night to go for a club run! All Hallows Eve, running along dodging, ghosties and ghoulies! One PWR even came along with his face painted!  Although no one came in black, well, most people were wearing hi vis or had lights on them. Maybe next year I will try to remember to bring some 'treats' so that I can give out some sweets to the kids, it will make a change from taking sweets from the public! At least that way we won't get egged, I do believe that another group had to dodge 'egg missiles'!  They went down the same road that we were heading down!  So they  'cleared' the way for us!

Anyway, I gave out my route and the pace, and distance, as indicated on the new paddles! Yes, that's right!  We have these new 'paddles' with a great big number printed on them, obviously the one that I was holding was the number 1, it also has on it the pace, the distance in miles and kilometres, depending if you are old money or new money! I stood by the side with my paddle held high and waiting for all of my group 1's to join me!

I had one new person that joined me, she hasn't been running for quite some time, I really wasn't sure how she was going to do.  But if you don't try, you don't know.  If it's not right for her then there is always the beginners course in the spring next year!  It's not that far off really!  So I had 9 of us in the group, Michael was joining us this evening, it's always lovely to have him with us but I am missing some of my regular crew!  Tracy is with us and Kathy and Auriol. 

I had planned on running up Birchwood but when I found out that I had a newbie with me I decided to do my nice and easy route, up Kingsway and then it's fairly flat after that, all the way to the rec.  Unfortunately with just the the run from the rec to Kingsway our newbie decided that she just wasn't ready for group running.  Tracy suggested to her that she comes along to the next beginners group.  I just hope that she wasn't too disappointed.

We carried on our run and we bumped into group 2 who told us that some little darling ghoulies had thrown eggs at them!  Kids being kids, but I wonder how they would have felt if the eggs were taken from them and thrown at them!?  We ran and walked all the way around the 3 mile route today, and we were all pretty tight together, even though there is still a gap between the front runners it wasn't that much this evening! 

It was a great run, I had fun, it was good seeing all the kids out with the buckets, the houses decorated, although, I do think that we have succumbed to the hype of halloween, trick or treat!  How did that happen? Oh well!

Geeky stats.








No comments:

Post a Comment