Monday 27 July 2015

Sunday Soggy Solo

Hello blog lovers.

I know I am a little late in writing up me blog, but what's a day between friends?  So yesterday saw me out running, on me own, in the rain!  I was a little jel when I read that SingstarJo and friends were all going our running early Sunday morning.  I can't do earlys as I go to church!  Or at least I could if I get up early enough, then be able to run get back in time and all spruced up ready for church!  But that has only ever happened once!.........I actually enjoyed it, and I should make myself do it again!

I was 'made' to think about running yesterday after reading through my FaceBook newsfeed and saw a mates status update, 215 miles on a bike, over night, 5 hours of rain!  My itsy bitsy little run through a 'heavy mist' is just not comparable,! "What is the hardship....eh..... no really?"  That is what I was said to myself, by the way!

Anyway, just as I always do, I procrastinate! I should get on with my writing.  I was the same yesterday when I decided that I was going to go for a gentle run.  I found things to do!  The washing needed loading, the bread needed throwing to the birds.  Anything but getting out in the wet.

Finally I got out of the house, wearing my old trainers, I was thinking that the extra bit of cushioning would help me with softening the impact on my shins.  I am still hoping its not the dreaded shin splints and it's something completely different.  But who knows.

My route was an old favourite of mine, just 3 miles or so, not through the woods and it has been so very wet these past couple of days, and I wasn't quite sure how slippery it would be in there!  So it's the Turpington loop for me.

Although it was raining it was kind of warm, I was glad that I didn't put on long pants and a rain jacket!  Totally unnecessary really, because no matter what, I am going to get wet!  At first I could feel the little niggles in my shin, it's only the right shin that is worse, the left I can hardly feel any sort of niggle.  But then my knee wanted to join in the moaning and groaning.  I just thought that if I just kept going all the complaining will stop.

And actually, to some extent, it did!  My shins didn't feel half as bad as they did when I ran on Tuesday evening with group 1and I had to abandon half way through.  So maybe it's all psychosomatic, it's all in my mind, my mind is procrastinating!  So I just carried on my run.

I went up Southborough lane and I saw Nicholas the Italian stallion, with his two little ponies, waiting for a bus.  I had a quick stop to chat and say hello and then I carried on.  Of course I had to make sure I was running along until I saw the bus past me!  I didn't want them to spot me walking along, he would totally talk about me on FaceBook!

So I just ran, and kept an ear out for the sound of a bus coming up from behind me.  They usually are about 10 mins or so apart, I was presuming they had been there for maybe five minutes already, so giving the fact that I was running about 12-12.15 min mileing, the bus is another 5 mins away,.............think.....think.......I am no good at maths!  I was just praying that the bus would come quickly!  It didn't. It  got to me when I was near the bus stop at Turpington lane!


I had to keep running while it parked up to drop passengers off, I couldn't see them looking out of the windows, but I just kept running, just in case they were!  So by the time the bus was out of sight I was on top of Turpington lane!  So that was good.  I was pleased with that.

I was trying to keep my running going all the way, that was my aim when I left, I do try and challenge myself!  But of course I didn't meet it.  I had a couple of walks on the way back, but not as many as used to have!  So maybe I am getting better with the stamina thing!  Just a blooming shame about the shins!!  I was a bit concerned though, when I got back to the bus stop the Nicholas and his boys were at, because now there were men in orange jackets repairing it!

What did you do to the bus stop Nicholas?!

I got back home, I didn't break any records, but then again, I wasn't planning too!  Maybe next time, when I find out whats wrong with these legs of mine!

Geeky stats.

Sunday solo by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment