Thursday 2 July 2015

.....And There's More!

Hello (again) blog lovers.

I went back to the core training sessions as well!  Well in for a penny and all that!  I will just have to see how these shins of my go.  Never having had shin splints before I am just not sure.  Maybe I was jumping the gun and reading too much into things, or maybe it was the start of shin splints.  So I decided I will just have to get on with it and see what happens.  If it becomes really painful, (unlike it is now, it really is only a little niggle) then I will see more advice on it.  I will continue to do the things I have been told so far though!

So, core training!  CoachHels is in charge of this evenings session.  And reading all about her session last week, I expect it is going to be a tough one this week!  There were quite a few people there about 16-18 of us.  I couldn't help but smile!  It does feel good to be back to my usual routine!

I wasn't sure how I was going to get on, whether I would just jog along and do as much as I dare, or really try and push harder straight away.  A case of 'just go for it'. Probably something not advised to do, but I did push a little harder than I thought I was going to, and it seemed ok.  Just the little complaining muscles, which wasn't feeling any worse, and didn't get any worse!

So what did we do!  We did the usual two laps of the rec before starting on the drills!  Some gay abandonment was going on when we were doing the skipping along, I can tell you!  then after that it was some running exercises.  First off it was running between cones, just building up, holding the pace before bringing it back down again.

Next it was running around the cricket crease in a big square, One side walking, then jogging, then running and finally sprinting, before doing it all again, for 3 minutes! My legs and knees seemed to be holding out quite well. But still, I couldn't help thinking that maybe a rectangle would be good, with the shorter sides being the sprint!

The core training section next, after some glugs of water of course, with triceps dips, leg swinging and squats, planks bicycle thingys, all to help with our core conditioning.  I know mine really needs conditioning.  I really abused it over the holiday! Busy making another fat layer with all the delicious food and drinks!

One more running section after that, and I still can't explain what it was, but I think our team got it right....in the end.....although I wasn't in the winning team!  It was great fun!  A great session and a fun session.  And.....it's good to be back!


No comments:

Post a Comment