Thursday 9 July 2015

Back To Serious Business!

Hello blog lovers.

After a lovely, lovely run through the woods this morning, just me and my thoughts (albeit somewhat off the scale!) it was back to serious business of getting fitter, determined, toned, focused! Core training is the order of the day....or evening!

ZippySherry was taking the  lead today.  I do love her turn in the hot seat, it's all about  the school ground games!  Who don't like the school ground games!?  Well, at the time when I was at school, I hated it!  All that getting changed into PE gear, running around getting fecking hot and sweaty, then having to get changed again to go do lessons!  (the showers never worked, nor did they have any curtains!) But it seems now that I am........older..........I love it!  Why couldn't I have loved it when I was at school!  Too busy trying to fit in, smoking and going to the chip shop!

I cycled up to the rec for the 7:30pm start.  We had the usual two lap warm up and the drills, which I might add, were hindered by the dog who decided that the best place to lay down and wait for all the silliness to finish was bang in the middle of the 'runway', before we had the fun and games.  Today it was Cups and Saucers, or DiscoRich rich did say something else, but for the life of me I just can think what it was.  But the idea of the game was you had two teams, team one was Cups, team 2 was saucers.  We had little cones all spread out in a space, some were upside down and some where the right way up.

The two teams had to run around and make sure that all the cones were turned in their teams right order.!  I feel sure that the team that I was in, the saucers, by the time of the whistle were more that then others!  After that it was relay running.  Everyone loves a relay.  Three or four teams were quickly sorted and batons handed out!  It's serious business.

We had 10 minutes of running in relays!  I tried to claim that we needed extra runs as a couple of my team tried to hand the baton to members of the opposition!  But it was all done in the spirit of fun!  No one actually counted how many times they had run up to the cricket square (I've been calling it the crease, but that is just where the batting person stands, apparently!

After that it was the core training, and among the squats, lunges and planks there were those dreaded burpees!  Oh do I love a burpee!!!!  Twenty she demanded, twenty!  We had the kids counting out every single lunge, squat, press ups and second of planks. but those burpees, I am sure the young dude was focused on the really fit guy, who was doing planks with just one arm and one leg on the floor. The young dude was counting out 4, while I was still rising up from the 1st burpee!

But it was while we were doing star jumps (only introduced after we couldn't keep up with the burpees count) my.....um........well I had a wardrobe malfunction!  Not quite as bad as Judy Finnegan, (you all remember the front of the dress incident?) in front of millions of people! It was my bra strap!,  It had come adrift!  I was trying to do a star jump, with the young dud-ess blowing her whistle when I had stopped to have a look to see what was going on!   I had to run to the loo to sort it out!  I really didn't want to ask anyone to help me to secure the 'girls' back in their hammock!  The hammock was pretty......well sweaty!  Even I use tongs to place it in the washing machine!

Something I personally seem
to worry about these days!
After I got back from 'wardrobe' they were all ready under way with the next running section of todays session.  I just slotted into a place and just went with the flow!  All in a circle, and what ever was called out then we had to run around and then get back into our place!  For instance, who ever was in blue, run, who ever had pink on, who ever was wearing glasses etc!

After that it was a cool down stretches and end of session!  A great evenings work out! Great company and such fun!  What a great running club that I belong to that we can do things like this!

Obviously no geeky stats, (mainly because I forgot)!


No comments:

Post a Comment