Thursday 23 October 2014

Some Days Good, Some Days.......

Hello Blog lovers.

This morning was just perfect running conditions! First of, kids all in school! Second the weather was just perfect, and thirdly I had running buddies!  I was feeling totally up for it, in my mind, my body was complaining a little.  Just a few aches and pain, not running related, just achy, tired type of thing, and sniffles, just slightly, but there, letting me know that 'actually Old Girl, you're harbouring a virus, so take care' type of aches.  Of course, being a runner, I totally ignore that and tell myself a run is what I need.

Just love the Thursday sessions with the gang, because we can run through the woods.  Everybody knows that being out in the fresh air is just what the doctors order!  In the group today is Dawn, Denise and her daughter Kirsty and Michelle.S, a lovely bunch of ladies to be spending an hour with!  DiscoRich has his bevy of lovely lasses that he will be taking for a 5 miler somewhere.

We took a bit of a mystery tour (although I didn't plan it that way in my mind) I kind of knew the way I was heading, it's just that are so many little paths and big paths in the woods, I occasionally get it wrong.  But quite frankly, I'm not too bad for an old Townie, I used to be able to jump on the tubes in London and get around as quick as anything!  In the woods there are no names on the paths, and they all fairly similar!  It's just as well its not a huge woods really! But I am sure if I look as if I know where I am going  the gang wont lose their confidence in my leading!

I did the first bit just fine, all up hill, and when I say fine, I mean I didn't take the wrong path.  My stamina on the other hand seems to be left somewhere.  My legs, ache, my bones ache! But I kept going.  I don't really have any other symptoms of a cold, slight sniffles but that could be because I was slightly cold just waiting to start running.

I took a 10 second walk as I sent the others on, I can lead from the back! And I know these ladies, they wont go down any path until they have checked back with me.  We got to the right spot that I wanted to get to with no problem, and that's just at the vehicle access gate on Chislehurst Road, we then turned left to run towards the top of the woods.

Because I have never run this way I wasn't sure how many left hand paths we had passed.  I knew which path I wanted if we came up by the rail lines, but it's good to change things about.  I underestimated how many!  I should have gone on for one more.  But it is still a path that I have ran on before and it still bought us to the sundial, where I wanted to be!

From here I knew exactly which path to take.  But just to be a bit different I lead them on to the path that take us past the pond, on the boardwalk, just for a bit of fun!  It is a bit smelly going past there, but in the summer I do like coming this way just to look at the dragon flys that seem to love hanging around this part!

It was a great run, the ladies were all running really well indeed, in fact they all seemed to be running tons better than I did.  But in the true spirit of Petts Wood runners, we all just supported each other, waited patiently, encouraged and quite frankly just had a great time!  I love my club, we do have some fabulous people!

There was one thing about my run today and that was that I decided that maybe doing two runs today was probably not a good idea, so track session will be for next week!  And.......an extra run during the day tomorrow will be enough for this week!

Geeky stats for you all.






No comments:

Post a Comment