Tuesday 7 October 2014

Love My Club Runs

Hello blog lovers

Group 0 was great this evening.  There were six of us out running the winter route through Petts Wood high street.  It's a great route through here as we can see all the foody shops!  "We run so that we can eat......anything!"  I would hate to think what I would be like if I stopped running!  I know my eating habits have changed over the years, but it's still loaded with stuff that puts a huge smile on your face, rather than that grimace you do when your tucking into your low cal cuppa soup, with half fat bread and that awful low cal yellow stuff to spread on your bread, that they swear "You won't tell the difference"

Blimey,gone on a tangent then, food took over my thoughts!  So there were 5 heroes today and me. From beginners to 'I just want to run at this time' runners!  It's a nice round number.  Two by two running along to Petts Wood, up the hills.  The weather was just perfect and the moon was looking particularly lovely this evening, looking quite big in the sky, and I don't think it is quite full either.  We all managed to run right up to the memorial hall non stop! A great effort!

After that it is nice and flat and of course there are those shops to take our minds off of what we are doing!  The group was running very very well indeed.  Julie, Ade, Auriol, Vanessa, Denise and me were looking bloody good, even if I do say so myself!  Flying past The British Legion and the garage down to Tudor Way.  Half way round and we were all still looking pretty strong!  It is not going to be that long before they are all graduating to group 1, I can feel it me bones!

Another walking break just before the memorial hall and then running all the way back to the rec. Ok, there maybe just a couple of tiny walking breaks, but so minute you could easily have missed it!

Fabulous run, fabulous Heroes today.  Well done all!

Geeky stats

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/607874200'></iframe>

Group 1

Sherry was our leader today with Illustrious Leader being sweeper with me.  There was a huge group today, with a couple more newbies joining today.  The route today was virtually an out and back, all the way down Southborough Lane to the Harvester.  Those that were faster was going to do the little lollipop bit, those that didn't want to could just take a chill out and wait for them.  As I was at the back the faster group were already on their way doing the loop, and so we could take a little breather.  But as soon as we saw them heading back up we decided that we would start running before they got to us. 

They lady that I was running with hasn't ever done running before, she had been doing the gym and classes but not running.  But she was doing pretty well, with not an awful lot of walking stops.  I had suggested that she may like to try group 0 out first, which I think she will be trying next week.  I myself was quite pleased she was there as I managed my pace quite well, being a typical runner I was running with a limp!  My ankle started hurting as we left the rec to start group 1, but I put it down to cooling down after doing group 0.  Although we stretched out after that run, I was standing around waiting for the next group.

I know that when we started the run my whole body and seized up, and my ankle felt particularly seized!  I decided to ignore it, as I thought it was because I was well and truly cooled down now.  My legs and arms and shoulders seemed to work well after just a few minutes but my ankle was playing ball!  It wasn't painful, it really was like trying to run with tight muscles.  Maybe I will have a rest day tomorrow!

But a great run, well I enjoyed it anyway!  Here's the geeky stats!

<iframe width='465' height='548' frameborder='0' src='http://connect.garmin.com:80/activity/embed/607874189'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment