Thursday 2 October 2014

Loving Those Hills!

Hello Blog lovers.

Thursday morning, the kids are are school and us adults can run to our hearts content!  There were just the three of us for this mornings run, Michelle, Dawn and me.  My route this morning was the left hand side of the woods, but going the easier way (I think). At least getting the bigger hill out of the way first is good! (I think)

So in through Poo Ally and straight up the middle of the woods.  It's a steady little climb, and I have not done it all in one go for ages!  Usually I am not as tough on my self if I am solo running, or I am encouraging other runners to do as much as they can up the hill.

Dawn and Michelle were chatting away for most of the hill, then a silence fell, with just the noise of our breathing as we concentrated on getting up the hill, the occasional bird, gentle footsteps as we run up there......ok so it wasn't completely silent, but we didn't say anything until we got to the top.  "Well thanks ladies" I said to them "That's the first time I've run all the way up here in one for a long time" I was extremely pleased with that.!

We turned left and ran along the top of the wood towards Botany Bay Lane.  I mentioned that there was just a couple of little undulations as we ran the top of the woods.  I am sure the girls looked pleased!  I myself silently started chanting "I love hills, I love hills"  I know!, I am still kidding myself!  Again we all got up there without stopping!  I'm on a roll! The ladies were doing really well too, they looked as if they were just having a walk in the park!

We ran down Botany Bay Lane but only to the path that turns right, we are going to to run down Goss Hill. Now I can really believe my mantra, I love hills!! It seemed to just be over all too quick those down hill sections, we came out of the woods to be faced with another little hill as we ran on the road towards Blackbrook lane!

"For some one who don't like hills Old Girl" said Michelle, as she gave me a wry smile!  I know I will love hills, one day, one day I will say, lets go find some ridiculous hill and do reps on it! One day! Ha ha ha ha...... I am sorry, just having a moment there!  This running malarkey, it's hard work, and you have to really put in as much effort as you can to improve, and even just to maintain fitness levels.  I am still waiting for that day when I can say, "Blimey, that was easy" as I run up a hill and not look as I am about to have a coronary!

We ran through Jubilee park and over the first bridge.  We had a decision to make here,  the short way to the rec which is on the roads, or stay in the woods and do an extra quarter of a mile!  Guess what we opted for? Yup, through the woods!  It's a no brainer!

We ran all the way to Poo Ally and there were still a couple of tiny hills to end the run with! I arrived at the rec looking like I have just emerged from a hot sauna!  Red face, sweat pouring from every pore in my body and feeling a complete but extremely happy wreck, and the others, well, they looked glowing!

Geeky stats!



No comments:

Post a Comment