Thursday 11 September 2014

Run Off!

Hello blog lovers.

I am really enjoying having my first born home, and it is showing!  Of course on Tuesday evening I didn't go for a run with my club as I had a family celebration of my daughters wedding!  Although she married in February because she was married in Australia we couldn't be there to celebrate with her.  So when she and her husband was here we celebrated then!  On a school night too! But that is only because her husband had to go back to the USA (where they both live now) the next day!

Of course it meant that Wednesday was a complete right off when it came to any for of exercise, it was had just getting out of bed!  Today however, all is well, but then I was working during the day, unusual for a Thursday, which meant that I didn't get out for my 9:30 run.

So that just left me with this evening.  I decided that I do really need to run off the heavy celebrations, I need also to run off the curry we had on Wednesday, due to the fact that none of us wanted to cook.  I also needed to run off the 'inactivity'!  Running to the rec for the 7 pm core and strength training was the only way I could think of.

A stressful day started to melt away as I started my run toward the rec in Willet Way. I took it nice and easy to the rec, just using the jog there as a warm up for the warm up laps.  And we done two laps of the park, I am sure last week we only did one warm lap.

After that, and before we can say, 'What's next' DiscoRich was giving us instructions for the drills, five or six drills to the cricket crease with a jog back.  There were still only four of us by the time we finished the drills, we had a quick drink and then we started with the speed running, doing the pyramids.  At first it was quite easy, as there were four of us there was a nice little respite from the speed session, but then we had a late comer, Jo.  After her warm up lap she started with the pyramid running along with us.

But then DiscoRich split us into two groups.  Himself and Marmite in one group, and us ladies in the other group, three against two, doing the pyramids.  Of course they will finish first, being as they had only two in their group, and they we faster than us and they were chaps!

Then it was the core training, we all chose a couple of core exercises to do, we did them for either one minute or a minute and a half!  Why do I always chose burpees!!  I do think this particular exercise is hard, and I am beginning to notice that I can do them slightly better than I used to be able to do. It must bean than I am getting better, surely!

After core training it was back to some more running.  But we stuck with the pyramid running, but this time DiscoRich changed the team members, putting Marmite with Illustrious Leader and Jo and then I was in DiscoRich's team!  So therefore I was running with a little less break between each cone run!

Our usual warm downs saw the end of our session for the evening.  It was just then that I thought "Now I have to run home!"  Maybe I could have been a little less enthusiastic on the speed running!

Still, it was still a great session, and we are still not ready to give up on our core training sessions just yet!  Same time next week!

Geeky stats



No comments:

Post a Comment