Tuesday 16 September 2014

Just The One!

Hello blog lovers.

Feeling a little jaded (after celebrating my 30th wedding anniversary yesterday!) and also very snotty I decided to do just one run today.  With the philosophy of  'Germs above the neck' ok to run 'Germs below the neck' stay in with lemsips and chocolate.

I was expecting just the one person today, Auriol, for group zero so it was very nice to see a new member to the group, Ruth, who turned up today.  She is a lapsed Group 1 runner and is wanting to get back into it.  So she came along.  It's just a shame that I am not feeling that well today.

As we still had the light, even though dusk is coming a lot quicker now, a jog through the woods would be most welcomed, I guess this must be the 'perks' of being a leader is that you can choose your favourite routes, and also the distance!  The route we were going to do is one of the shorter ones, but as I was feeling not too good I felt that this would be enough for me, and also we have the uphill slope to do.  This is a challenge for all of us in group 0 to see how far that we can get up there before we need to have a walk.

Today we all did pretty well, we can almost see the top of the woods, so that was most pleasing!  My headache, too, had gone, now that could be because we are in the woods, it smells so fresh and all that lovely clean air is doing me tons of good, but I think that maybe the paracetamol was taking affect.

We all managed to run most of the way back, and we even managed to stay in there woods.  We had the option of finishing our run by running on Birchwood, but daylight was still with us and we chose to carry on in the woods!

It felt great being out but I was pleased that I had chosen the shorter route as now I was ready to go home and look for the chocolate and sip on some lemsip!

Here's the geek stats.




No comments:

Post a Comment