Thursday 29 August 2013

A Difficult Easy run!

Hello Blog lovers.

I expect you may be wondering about the title? Has the Old Girl gone totally do-lally? Not yet, but let me explain.  For the past couple of days I have been feeling quite......bleh! The Old Boy mentioned mussels yesterday, instead of a bike ride, and I jumped at the chance, and today, I had said to SingstarJo and Hitchy, (and by the way, I am changing her nick name to Jr, just cos it amused me, even though she is nothing like JR Ewing!) So, SingstarJo and Jr  mentioned that they wanted to run today, but I couldn't make the 6:30 start that SSJ wanted, and I hadn't heard from Jr, I hadn't got any other plan.

So I ummed and arrred, and the Old Boy asked if I was going.  I had noticed that he hadn't gone upstairs to get changed for his planned cycle ride this evening as well. When I asked him if he was going he said no.  I nearly said that as well! I sat on my chair feeling so .....bleh, and all I wanted to do was to curl up, cuppa, biscuits and to write!  But eventually, after much 'shall we, shall we not' the Old Boy and I decided to go for a very short loop of the woods! Just to try and shake of the 'blues'

We got changed, and even then it was still so easy to sit and say 'stuff it, I'm not going' but we did.  We took the car to the entrance of the woods, 'Dog Poo Ally'. I did a great impression of 'John Cleese, Ministry of Silly

Walks' as we walked through the ally ready to start our run.  Already I was feel at tad better, just for the fact that I am out, even if it only turns out to be 1 mile, I don't care, at least I'm out here trying.  The light was just beginning to fade making the woods just that bit more of a challenge.  Keeping our wits about us, making sure there was some space so that we could see the floor of the woods, and staying vigilante for those roots!

We were going in a clockwise direction, so we will be running up to Botony Bay.  The way that I was feeling, I was half expecting to be walking up to as far as the boarded up house, but to my surprise, I didn't!  Not only that, but the lovely house is not longer boarded up either! That cheered me up, for some reason.  It is a lovely house, and it would be a shame to see it just go to ruins!

I walked jogged up the next bit of hill until we turned right to go back into the woods.  It has some lovely down hill sections and a couple of up hills as well.  But strangely I didn't really notice the first slight up hill and before I realised it I was running up the next uphill section.  I couldn't quite make this in one go, but I made sure I was running to the last bit at the top.  From there I was running without any more walking sections.  Well, it is all down hill!

The Old Boy, who hasn't been running for quite some time, taking the lead, and urging me to go a bit faster.  I think I did manage to pick the pace up, and when I knew I was nearly at 'Dog Poo Ally' I picked it up a little more!

All in all I did 2 miles, well 1:98 miles to be exact! If only I had ran through the tunnel instead of stopping, oh, and it did pick up my mood a bit, not quite back to my usual self, but maybe another couple of miles tomorrow sometime will help with that bit.

So geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment