Wednesday 17 July 2013

Taking The Short Route! - Club Night

Hello blog lovers.

Its a day late with Tuesdays blog, and you will see why as you read through!

Tuesday again, and its our beginners 3 week.  The weather has bought a few more to our course, I am hoping that they will be able to cope with the heat and the days activities today.  It's walk for three minutes and run for three minutes!  Every one had their water, it was deffo going to be need today, everyone that is....except me! Some trainer I'm turning out to be! 

We started off with the drills, and the skipping, and the trainers all keeping an eye on knees! We even watch Hitchy's knees, as she has started to come along to help with the beginners course too. Why were we watching the knees? Well its obvious isn't it, to see if they have good glutes! I know! It sounds weird, but it all connects up somehow.  I wish I paid more attention in biology class instead of dreamily looking at the teacher! *Sigh* Mr. Thomas, a very popular teacher! 

If you have nice strong glutes, this helps your knees to not cross in front of you, thus saving you lots of problems down the line.  Being a helper in the beginners is helping me a lot to understand how to avoid injuries, as well as how to encourage total beginners to run their first 5k.

Everyone more or less kept up with the running today. Of course there were the ones that could run faster, and some that just plod along at the back doing their thing.  But it is all so heart warming to see people actually doing something to keep them healthy and fit, and away from their t.v. and the couch!

This is the geeky stats for the beginners group.



After the beginners it was the usual club runs.  But, actually, it wasn't the usual club runs.  Because today they were going to be doing relays in Jubilee park! I didn't know this, and I was just so looking forward to running through the woods today. I felt kind of disappointed, and totally unprepared to change! I felt like a stubborn school child! "But I wanted to run through the woods!"  Somehow, from changing to our old website address to the new one, I have not been getting the emails about what is going to be happening each week.  I seem to have become 'lost' in the system, along with a few others, it's not just me.



It's not a 'cull' of PWR's as the Old Boy put it "Oh, they think you have outstayed your welcome in Group 1, they've thrown you out" he said to me teasingly.  "I don't think that is the case, it's just a clitch" I told him.  But I was totally relieved that I wasn't the only one, phew!  But after this relay thing, which is more of a social thing, to get every body talking to each other, from the other groups, then we were going to meet at wine bar Heathcliffe and krook, to rehydrate in PWR's way, with a couple of bevvys!

Anyone, to cut a long blog short, if that is at all possible with me, there was this kind of small splinter group. Me, Hitchy, Kim and Alan formed this little breakway group and there was an even faster group heading off somewhere else at a faster pace.  But my little group decided to go through the woods, and do a short run and then go to the pub. 

Our route went in through "Dog Poo" Ally and then straight up to the top of the woods and turned left.  One of our usual routes that we do with group 1.  And guess who was leader? Well, I can't say leader really I was more just the navigator, calling up to the faster two to turn left, right or what ever way we needed to go.   

We were going to do a loop around, back to 'Poo Ally' and then go straight to the pub.  We did this in a fairly nice conversationally paced run, it was cooler in the woods, but it was still very humid!  I was melting underneath my running clothes!  We got back to the beginning when Alan said, "Oh I know where I am now, shall we do a bit more" Well, I for one was heading for the pub now! After doing the beginners course, I felt I could leave the last mile or so, due to exceptionally warm weather conditions.  You wouldn't go running on your holidays in warm weather like this would you? Actually I like the way PhysioMike put it, it came across so much better. Because I know that some people do go running on their holidays!! But anyway, I'm heading for the pub, Hitch was going with me.  So Alan and Kim carried on running up, yes I did say up through the woods to finish off a very warm run.

The thing is, they didn't actually come to the wine bar, I am hoping they are not still running around the woods!

Geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment