Thursday 11 July 2013

Jelly Legs And Acid Drops

Hello Blog Lovers.

Any one would think it was a trip to the sweetie shop with the title of todays blog, but seriously, the only sweet bit was the fact that I did the core training today!  And it is sweet! Knowing that I can do it, albeit slowly, maybe not as many reps as others, (or as smoothly as our designated instructor today) but it really is sweet doing something that is good for you.  There, that's the mental training done as well!!

Oh my bloomin word! It was tough today! Emma (you remember her from the S.A.S. School of instructors) it was her turn again to take the core strengthening and drills today.  Nagging Sister and her attachment JLo came along as well.  I told them it is fun. In fact PhysioMike suggested that some of the beginners come along, even if they did the homework for this week, for the running part of todays session, they could do the core training still.

Emma arrived, bouncy and full of energy, and wondering if any of us had done a warm up lap yet. Of course we hadn't, so she sent us round the rec for two warm up laps.  And then it was Emma's 4 minute Hit!  Oh how we love that!  I could see the fear on Nagging Sisters face.  "You will love these" I told her, but some how that didn't stop the look of fear. 

But first off it was the drills, butt kicks up to the cone, which was set up, and then back again, and then some very elegance side steps with ballet arms to the cone and back. So far so good, and then it was the 4 min hit.  A minute each of star jumps, pencil jumps, leg kicks and mountaineering type of thing!  All great fun to do, all very hard to do! You know you have worked muscles after that.

Then it was over to the little fence to work on those bat wing arms!  My bat wings can probably shelter a whole colony of bats! Now how did Emma put it, do the exercise until failure, or something like that! Which meant do as much as you can until you can't do any more.

I like that idea, no pressure of numbers! I wasn't the first to stop, but then again, I didn't know how many the others had done before they stopped!  But it still felt good.  Next it was ab crunches, so back on the grass, just getting to lay down felt good! But then trying to get just my shoulders up off the floor, without using my hands to yank my head from my shoulders, or indeed using my neck muscles to get said shoulders off the ground, which by the way they only seem to move about an inch!

then we had some press ups and of course there was those obligatory burpees again, I think I managed to get 11 of the 15 that was required! After that, it was jelly legs! It was great fun, I can't believe that I am saying that! But it's true!  Getting healthier and getting fitter is fun!

Next it was DiscoRich's session. Now I can't remember what he said this session was called, but it had something to do with Lactic Acid!  We had to 'feel' the burn! Apparently, it seemed DiscoRich wanted us to run really fast, for 3 minutes, well at our usual 5k pace (for me that's anything from a jog to a 20 mi/m walk) then rest for a minute or so, and then run 3 minutes at half marathon pace, again with a minute or so rest. We were to do this 6 times! S. I. X. times! From jelly legs, to acid legs, which no doubt will have us all dropping! Now, do I mention the fact that DiscoRich was doing an impression of a singer today, someone that he is going to be watching on Saturday? Hmmm, well at the time he did say for making him do that he will do an extra lap, so maybe I won't, but if anyone who was there today, would like to spill the beans of who he was impersonating (And there is a clue, I have already mentioned her in this blog somewhere)

But again, it was good fun.  I know now know though, that I still have to push myself a little bit harder on these sessions. And next week I will, for sure! 

I took my Garmin with me today, just to see if I did indeed speed up on some of the loops! I hope I did, so here is the geeky stats


No comments:

Post a Comment