Tuesday 28 August 2012

Club Run - Float, Float On!

Hello blog lovers.

I really enjoyed this run today. I said I was going to push it a little and I did! Maybe it was because it was a fairly easy route, or maybe I just felt 'on fire' today, well maybe just a small spark anyway. I just felt good. I wanted to run, I needed to run, so I did.

I put on my running gear, and waited for NS to come and pick me up. Hitchy wasn't running today, she wasn't feeling up to it, maybe I have her picked up her energy!  I ran to the car, (I know, I know....we are still taking the car to the meeting place) and jumped in. Very energenic! We chatted as she drove along.

As soon as we parked the car, I just wanted to get out and get ready for our run. NS is running with group 1 again, it seems she is still trying to hang on to her mojo where the running is concerned! After chatting to all the others, watching as some of them did a warm up lap of the green, and bouncing around trying to stay warm (its seemed to have cooled down somewhat this evening) it was time to go.

I deliberatly didn't put my hand up when our Illustrious leader asked for sweepers today, I wanted to concentrate on staying at the front, the back of the pack is no longer my place! unless called on by our illustrious leader to do sweeper duties.  My Garmin was still searching for satelites as we set off, our route today towards Chislehurst, but as soon as we came out of the rec satetlites were found and recording started.

I was at the front of the pack, with NS, we chatted away to each other and to the newbie, well, she had been before but that was last year. There was also someone else who was here who hasn't been running for a year as well, so I'm sure our I.L. will be her usual thoughtful self and keep it as enjoyable as possible.

We ran up Willet way, it is a up hill, and I just kept going. I didn't slide to the back like I normally do. I kept telling myself "Don't you slip back Old Girl, keep up the pressure, stay at the front" This nagging seemed to help me stay on track. I think I only told Bims, aka Nagging Sister, about my plans, I know I probably mentioned it my blogs as well, but I didn't mention it to anyone today, well not straight away!

Then it was the wonderful down hill. As we were running down I, again, thought of what Nagging Sister had said a few weeks ago "How can you say running down hill is easier, you still have to run" Yes you do have to run, but oh..... how easy does it feel, it feels as if I float down hills, just no effort at all, covering lots of ground as well! This is when I feel like a runner, running down hill, and feeling as if its all too easy!. A bit like when some of the other Group Leaders come and take over Group 1 leadership. Just watching them jog along, it seems as they are just 'playing at it'

Getting to the bottom of the hill was just great. We took a break there, and regrouped. Thats when our I.L. asked what I had been eating for breakfast. I was still at the front of the pack. I just laughed, and said, nothing of my plans yet. Looking at the direction that she was going to take us, I just knew I wouldn't be at the front much longer. It doesn't mean that I am not going to try. Hills are just upside down holes! I can run down them, therefore I can run up them..... Anything to help the physche, right!?

The hill did look steep though, but head up, deep breath and away we went. I managed to get up most of it before taking a quick walk. Kept up the constant nagging in my head, "Keep going Old Girl, you can't stop, you know what you promised yourself" If I felt pain, then I was going to stop, if I felt like I couldn't do it, then I was going to stop, if at any point I started to think that this was not fun, then I was going to stop. But I just kept going, I wasn't at the front any more, yet I wasn't quite at the back either! And I was having fun, I really was enjoying running, even though my face was probably saying something completely different!

Running up the undulating St. Johns road now. I did walk on this bit and some of the others over took me. There were runners up ahead of me, NS was one of them. but once I got going again I overtook the runners that had passed, they were just a head of me. I tried to keep them behind. The run was coming to a finish. Just the last couple of roads left. The straights bits, Tudor way, cross over to do the sprint up Crossways.

I had to let a car pass me when I was on Crossways, (I prefer to run in the road when I'm doing my sprint) and then I was in the zone. 'Wannabe Runner' jumped into my mind, pushing out 'Can't do it Couch Potato Head' as I looked toward the sign pointing to the rec. "Why does it seem a long way off today" Was one of the thoughts that popped into my head, I quickly dismissed that and just thought 'Run, run, run, its nearly over'

Done it. Turned off my Garmin, and went into the park for some stretching and a bit of advice from our physio man, Mike.

My ankle seems to have this weird swelling, its not muscular, it doesn't hurt to walk, or run or even cycle, it just hurts when I put shoes on! Its very strange. But advice is to have doc look at it, as worse scenario could be a stress fracture! But for now, ice ice baby! which sounds good if it dropped into a glass with some voddy and diet coke!

Geeky stats.
Untitled by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment