Tuesday 19 June 2012

Club Run - Post L2B

Hello blog lovers,

Today was club run night. I do love running with my club, and it seems just at the moment this is the only running that I am doing!

But today I am feeling fat and bloated! I think it was all the celebratory drinks that we had after me and my team completed the  London to Brighton bike ride! But running through the woods, I was hoping all the scenery and smells (and huge muddy puddles) will keep me suitable focused on the running.

I heard our illustrious leader mention "That hill!" Some of our club members are running the Orpington 10k race on Sunday, and this is good practise for that.  Now, the only hill that I can think of going through our woods that can be called "That hill!" is Goss Hill. I mentioned it to Nagging Sister, because she had decided to run with Group 1 today, but I don't think she heard me!

We headed off to 'Poo Ally' and then turned left, running along side the rail way line.  I was thinking to my self, "It's either going up to Botony Bay, or it definitely is Goss hill" So when Illustrious Leader turned left when we reached the little river, I knew it was 'That Hill' 

The weather was perfect running weather, not too hot, not too cold, the going, however was sticky in places. When I noticed I.L's footwear earlier at the Pavilion, I knew that she was planning on coming to the woods, and dug out her old trainers! We were all like gazelles, tippy toe-ing all along the muddy puddles, looking for the firmer ground. Good exercise, I thought, and kept us all looking very ladylike, and sound like it too, with the "ewww, yuck, ohhhh, aaaggghhh" echoing from the woods, but obviously not from the only chap that was running with group 1 today, (he obviously not too bothered about England playing the Ukraine tonight......by the way we beat them! 1-0 whhooo hoooo!)

Any way, I digress again. I expect you are all wondering if I made that hill today?! You got to be kidding! Over 50 miles cycling on Sunday, another 16 miles on the bike yesterday, fat and bloating feeling today! I am surprised I actually ran at all today! But I was quite surprised that the hill didn't seem that long today, not as threatening as it has done!  I am sure, when the time is perfect, I will be flying up that hill, non stop!

Just a couple more smaller hills, of course......I didn't quite manage to run up these either, but from the top of here it was down hill all the way, and I ran all the way, (of course you did, Old girl, you virtually rolled down!) Through 'Poo Ally' and back to the rec, where we were to run around to make it at least just over the 3 miles running today.

An enjoyable run, just what I needed after a busy weekend!

Geeky stats.


2 comments:

  1. Very proud of you Donna, I was really unsure if you would run tonight after your cycle on Sunday, however, I wish you hadn't...you deserve a rest.

    PS BTW You are not fat...you are fit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what us runners are like, you just gotta get on and do it :-) Sundays ride was really a picnic in the park! had more challenging walks to school when I had overslept! :-)

      Delete