Monday 27 February 2012

Just a short run!

Hello blog lovers.

The Old Boy fancied taking the "cats" out for a little walkies this evening. "The cats" by the way are his pet name for his puma running shoes. He was saying things like, "I don't know how I will get on, what with my legs, back, bruises etc" but I know, from listening to all sorts of people that I have asked along to run with me, I was going to totally ignore any thing he says about only going for a short plod along.

We drove our car to the car park and put on our hats and headlamps, took note of the time and set off. He set off exactly how I thought he would do, not so much as cats on his feet, he was more like a greyhound out of the trap. It takes me about a mile to get warmed up, and I had to tell the OB to slow down a tad. He was breathing really well, and looking good too. Even though it's been a good few months since his last run I think the cycling g has really helped him to stay fit. Y

This route that we are taking has two possible ways to go, now considering he hasn't been running for a while I thought he would take the shorter, possibly more muddier route (but no huge hill to run up) to go but, no, he said "Go straight up" it will be muddy the other way" I was half expecting it really, I did ask him how he was feeling and if he can manage it. Of course he could! What a daft question hat was.

Anyway, a short run told in a short blog, mainly because I am writing this again on my iPhone! , it was a great run through the woods, although I did twist my ankle slightly, but as I am not able to go running tomorrow with my club, due to, would you believe, a risk assessment workshop, (so glad I had a headlamp, but did forget to bring a phone tut tut) I was pleased to be out running today.

A great 46-47 min run today, it was about 3.5 miles in total.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one, however I will have to add that extraordinary excuse to the ever growing "Donna's List of Original Excuses Why I Can't Run Today" :-)

    I think that your Risk Assessment tutor would get grey hairs with you saying that you go running with a headtorch :-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, would that be classed as an excuse or a real reason why I couldn't go running on Tuesday :-)

      Delete