Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day!


Hello Blog readers.

It's a club run today, and yes, its Valentines Day! Where else would a keep fit family be on a Tuesday night. I am running with my club and The Old boy is out cycling! We shall meet over our dinner, chicken nandos and salad! How much more romance do we need.

Our illustrious leader was absent today, she was having a break somewhere in Europe, so her husband took over her role today (See how romantic all us runners are) But I must say, there were only a few runners from each group today, in fact, some of the groups had to merge with each other as some of the run leaders were away.

But our leader had a route in mind. We set off, there were only about 5 or 6 of us, and of course in the beginning I was at the front. I don't know why, but I was feeling it today, just struggling a little more today. Even staying in the front chatting to the leader was a bit of a struggle today. But I didn't quit.

Our leader, must be missing his missus though, and took it out on us!! His route today was taking us pass the railway station, which means that we have to head on up up up the road to get back home! He did warn us, and then he said to me, "There is a bit of a hill to go up, but just see how far you get before yo have to walk" Now he told me this as we were on a bit of a flat route! And then I saw the hill. Of course what I call a hill, and the hill that our leader was talking about are two completely different animals!

A gently slope, a pimple, an incline! But today it felt like the hill that, our leader told us about a little earlier. I tried to get to the top of this little hill, but I didn't make it to the top. Of course I was thinking that was it. It wasn't until we went past the station, and turned right that I saw the hill that our leader spoke off. By this time I was at the back, and Nagging Sister was behind with me keeping me company, even though I said to her the "Go on, save your self, don't worry about me" Well, ok, the save yourself is a bit dramatic, but you know me, love a good story! but she stuck with me Nagging all the way to the end.

The last bit is my sprint bit. I really didn't feel as if I had it in me today. It was probably all those biscuits I made earlier, little heart shaped shortbread, oh my goodness, they were yummy.....mmmmmm, drool, slurp..... Oh I'm sorry, a Homer moment, its been a while since I had one of those! so those biscuits were threaten to come up on the last bit, I really did feel quite nauseous as I focused on the sign to the rec ground. There were quite a few runners back from the group 2 and 3 merger, and there was no way I was going to chuck up in front of them so I slowed down and composed myself.

I am disappointed in my run today. Beating myself up again! That is until one of the other group 1 runners said, "Sometimes its hard, and sometimes times you can breeze it" I wasn't feeling it then, not until a still quite voice said exactly them same in my head. Yes, Old Girl, sometimes its going to be hard and sometimes you will wonder what the fuss is all about!!

Oh and Mr. S, what number excuse have I got up to, but eating home made biscuits can be added to it as well now.

Geeky stats

1 comment:

  1. Homemade biscuits are NOT an an excuse, they are an essential nutritional requirement for any athlete...null and void excuse Donna....next?

    ReplyDelete