Tuesday 7 February 2012

Its A Bugs Life!


Hello Blog lovers.

I shall explain the sub title a little later, but it did make me chuckle, the reason for it! Yes, I went running this evening, and so did Nagging Sister and so did Hitchy, do you all remember her, she was the one that joined me when I ran passed her road, like a hitchhiker! She had the evening off work and fancied a run, in the freezing cold! But then, the jogging bug, once its there, its there.

It was a bit touch and go whether we were going to be out running today, due to the snow we had at the weekend, and now there is the danger of all that ice about, but luckily it was fairly clear! Health and Safety met, and we were ready!

It was a straight forward, virtually, out and back today. The pavements were clear of snow, and the top end was even salted and gritted! We set off, I had volunteered to be sweeper today, its a quite a small group today, so I felt I could offer my services as sweeper, and besides, what a great excuse for being at the back, eh, eh, clever Old Girl. Our illustrious leader did say she will swap round half way through, and I just thought then that she would be sweeping the sweeper!

So the route today, straight down the road and straight back up again. The Chequers pub was mentioned, and I was quite annoyed that Hitchy had gone with group two, as she has a twenty in her back pocket! Not that we would have stopped anyway, (darn it) but its just a nice thought!

Anyway, here's the bit that made me think of today's sub title, on the way back we crossed over Blackbrook lane, with me still in sweeper position, and we were all quite close together still, after a quick stop by the pub......no, we didn't go in, we are still on the run...... but our illustrious leader did this double back and ran around the little planted green while the rest of the group stood virtually motionless, not knowing which way to go, a bit like the scene from 'A Bugs Life', when a twig falls across the path of the ants as they are collecting food! If you not seen it, then have a look, its bound to be on the Internet somewhere. Anyway, our Illustrious Leader just told us to "Go on, go on" and that she was taking over as sweeper.

Everyone knew where there were going, it would be very difficult to get lost, so the group just 'elongated' from here, me being at the pack of the main pack. But just a little further up this bit of road I saw the Old Boy, just finishing his 17 miles on his bike, he gave me a wave, nonchalantly from his bike.

Now those that know this bit of road, know that it is slightly up hill route. I had my usual run in mind as I was running up here. Normally from about the Billet until Oxhawth I normally have stopped at least twice, but this evening I didn't! I don't know if its because I am with a group, although by now the pack had pulled away from me some more, and the back markers were some way behind me as well, but I kept on running, running and running. At least until the hill (or pimple as the Old Boy would call it) kicked in, and then I had a quick walking session and then back to running.

I am so going to have to do my old route again, just to see how far I get before I even think about walking again, although now days I am needing to extend my distances, so the old routes will have extra roads attached to them, and this route would have Petts wood attached to it.

A very good run this evening, chilly, definitely, but still feeling good about being out. I am loving my running, I am loving the whole running club! And I am loving the fact that Nagging Sister is becoming a member and Hitchy! Although Hitchy will have to do some of the weekend activities, stupid work keeps her away from us on Tuesdays normally!

So, geeky stats for you, and these are from Nagging Sisters endo-scopic thingy, or what ever it is on on Iphone! (I had forgotten to charge my Garmin!)


No comments:

Post a Comment