Tuesday 13 December 2011

Oh What A Struggle!

Hello blog readers.

My goodness, what a battle it was today, to get my backside off my nice comfy chair, in my nice warm house while playing scrabble on my lap top! Oh my goodness, memories of days gone by! I though maybe that I would take the easier option of going for a short bike ride with the OB but he was planning on doing a 20 miler!.....Have you seen the weather out there, the cold and the wind! Especially the wind! The thought of heading up to Biggin hill was not good.

I did say to the Old Boy that I might just not doing anything and just stay snuggled on my chair. Well that was it, the OB started goading me then, "Thats ok, you keep you fat ass on the chair, letting it grow fatter, getting back to how you used to be" Grrr, I could feel the little fat cells in my body starting to get excited at that thought! I could feel them start pumping up, making them selfts bigger and stronger!

NO WAY IS THAT GOING TO HAPPEN! I cannot let things slide back to the old days. This is the testing time of the year! I know when I first started running, back then in 2008, I started in the winter months, in March! But the thoughts of mum, and the spring and the summer, it just seemed so much easier to keep going. But now, with the shortest day of the year still to happen......well, you know! But the thoughts of mum always keep me going.

And today, thoughts of my dear friend filled my head. Him, struggling with Parkinsons, stroke, and now toxic poisoning running through his system! He still fights on! what more do I need to get my fat ass out there, in the cold, for just at few short minutes running!

So couch potato, eat my dust, (even though I know 'tatoes thrive in dirt) but you get my drift.

My geeky stats, well, it shows that my energy levels are way down in my stockinged feet! But I did it. A slow jog is better than no jog, right! And besides, the average moving pace is 11.38 mi/m perfect pace for group 1. Still tons faster that my first ever turn around lamppost experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment