Tuesday 22 November 2011

Club Run! - Remembering My Mum, My Inspiration.



Hello Blog lovers.

Today we saw our group 1 swell in ranks as new members came along to check out what all this club running is all about. Some of these new comers have only been running for the last nine weeks! I felt under pressure to look good and run well. Most of them were tons younger than me (she says digging into the old excuse book again) so of course they were going to be a lot stronger, fitter and faster than me! I really felt that I had to push myself tons harder than usual. But I ran how I normally do, but with maybe just a tad bit more. I'm sure it doesn't look good when I tell people I have been coming for a year, I didn't want to look as if I had only just started running last night!!

It was a boozy weekend, we were celebrating my sister and her daughter swinging down ropes from Battersea Power station on Sunday, and also we were remembering my mum, my inspiration for all this running and cycling and keeping fit. Still find it very difficult to thing that it was 4 years ago that mum left us, taken by the wind. So, I had a lot of extra pushing that I needed to do, I haven't actually ran since last Sunday! but I have been going cycling. I just haven't blogged it! Yesterdays ride was a very leisurely 10 miler, but at a very social 2 and half hours! So punishment time, work up a little bit more of a sweat! Get my ass back on track.

Our leader today was Richard, our illustrious leader Ann's husband. (I have to start thinking of nick names again.) Anne was being sweeper today, and I was thinking that I would be keeping her company this evening. He was being very gentle on the group, even though the route today was a tad over what the new comers we expecting, but it is what we in group 1 have come to expect. And generally we are all totally thrilled with what we achieved, even the the next day or two we are sore. Mind you, these days I am not aching, but please don't tell group 1 leaders, they might suggest I move to group 2!

I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't at the back keeping Ann company, I wasn't in the front either, but still, it was good not to be back stop today. I was well and truly wrapped up tonight. My house at the moment is like a ice box, blooming boiler on the blink, and I just presumed it was fairly chilly outside. But of course running along I soon warmed up! I had om more layers than an onion, and I slowly peeled off two layers by the time I got back!

It was a great run, but I seem to always say that now days, I am enjoying my running! I was speaking to one of the newbies as we ran and she said 'the only time that I like the running is when I stop' I can relate to that, I really can. It wasn't that long ago that I felt exactly the same. Even now, occasionally, when I am running, I sometimes wish there was some other easier way to get fit! But then most times I find that I really am enjoying the running! Not just the end, not just seeing the finish line, but the half way point, maybe just a few steps into the run. I find that totally amazing! Me, Old Mrs Couchy! Loving running!

Yes, today was a great run!

Geeky stats,

Club Run by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

And I am going to add a video that I did back in 2010, to help raise money for Cancer Research.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great run today Donna, and yes, I do think you should have a try out in Group 2 even if it is just for 1 week to get you out of your comfort zone for a little while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm, deffo thinking of that, I shall make it a new years resolution to 'go up' to group 2 :-)

    ReplyDelete