Tuesday 1 November 2011

Club Run - A Great Run!


Hello Blog lovers

It was club run today, and it was great to have our usual group 1 leader back with us. Welcome back! We also had a couple more newbies and even 'Crazy Fool' was back with us. Fantastic. I can only assume Christmas is around the corner and everybody is looking forward to getting into that little black dress, although Crazy Fool best stick to his suit!

I was hoping it was going to be a nice easier run that it has been since our illustrious leader has been recuperating, and I wasn't disappointed! Although when she mentioned 'little twiddly bits' of road just so that we wouldn't notice the 'up hill-ness' (a new word that I have just invented!) of that particular section, then I knew she was definitely back in control and wasn't going to let us off any hard work this evening.

We started off and it was just a nice easy pace, you can see from the geeky stats at the bottom, but it was nice getting to know the newbies and catching up with 'Crazy Fool'. With the other leaders leading I found I could just about string to words together to talk to others when running! Or of course, it could be that I am just getting fitter! Mmmm, what do you reckon?

I wasn't even at the back this time, just kept it going at the front end for a change! It was lovely. We were soon on to the 'Twiddly bits' that our illustrious leader mentioned, quietly under her breath. And yes there was hills, but I even found these, dare I say it, just very nicely paced for me. But I know, I am still not ready to move it up to group 1.5 just yet.

I was talking to one of the newbies at the front for a while, and I decided to talk to the other newbie who was running along with sweeper, to give her some support and encouragement.

Towards the end of the run the last little bit of road me and 'Crazy Fool' decided to sprint the last bit. I don't know where I found the energy from, but I sprinted as fast as I could, I had been hastening my pace for a few metres before anyway, doing a tiny bit of interval running, but now I was going to finish in style! In really fast paced style! I don't think I have ever ran that fast before in my life! But boy did it feel good to have all that energy at the end of a club run.......in fact any run that I have done before! Check the geeky stats to see how fast my last bit was! Even I was amazed at my speed!

So, here are those geeky stats for your perusal

Club Run by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment