Sunday 2 October 2011

Three Lazy Days Later! And Still Eating Dust!

Hello blog lovers,

Today I am writing about my two runs I had over the weekend. Both were the same route, but they felt like different runs. The times were different as well, only a little though, but when I was running I thought it would have been a lot slower.

The Old Boy goads me on, he gets me running harder and faster. I must get a tape recording (My goodness, who's showing her age!) I must get a 'pod cast' of the OB nagging me "up hills, telling me to "pick the pace up, catch up to him", and "get up that hill!" But yesterday I had no energy! I could have been the laying about in the back garden trying to catch a few rays!, or it could be just 'one of the things!'

Anyway, the geeky stats at the bottom shows you that I was not on form yesterday, but it was good to be out running!

Today it was a 'recon mission' for my mate 'Hitchy' who you may remember got her nickname because she was waiting for me as I was running on route, just like a hitchhiker. Well she has decided to do our PWR 10k, voted as one of the best in runners world mag (A quick plug there for our 10k, which is next Sunday, I shall be there marshalling and cheering on all the runners) She is doing it for charity, SANDS. She wanted raise money for this cause as her friend had a baby, as Jo says, "who was born sleeping" and she wants to do something for her friend, here is a link to her page http://www.justgiving.com/Jo-Cole/. Just reading what she said had me grabbing my hankie and my purse!

So today I took her out to show her the delights of what our 10k can offer her. Her goal is not of speed, but of getting around it without stopping! Judging by what I saw today I think she will nail it!! And in a pretty good time too!

Me on the other hand, I know I kept her back. If she knew the route she would have took off, and I would be eating dust, again, as per usual.

Todays run was a bit slower than yesterday, but it was a 're-con mission' (I think I should right up another blog of all my excuses!) but again, I was very pleased to be out running, even though it was still so very warm out! (summer excuse no.1)

Geeky stats, and for some reason Garmin have decided not to supply me with the 'embed' button, so I just have to copy and paste the page address,

Run with Alan by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details Yesterdays run

'Re-con' Run with Jo by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details Todays run

No comments:

Post a Comment