Saturday 15 October 2011

Early Morning Run?! Don't be Daft!


Hello bloggees!

Yesterday the OB threaten me with an early morning run for this morning. I kind of, sort of agreed to it. All through our usual Friday night out he kept making comments about our early morning, 6 miler! After my first pint, or was it during my first pint, I stopped listening, and tried to change the subject.

Of course this morning, we both turned over and slept in again, way passed the early morning run stakes! Which means, after we eventually got up, the OB headed straight for the shed to work on his bike.

But, as you probably know by now, we did go out for a run (which is why there is a blog today). And it wasn't a 6 miler either. It was our usual 3 and half miles with a promise of dinner out, after we got back.

I tried to push myself quite hard, even up the hills. The OB had his own agenda for the first mile. He was way in front of me, urging me to keep up with him. He must have been on 8 min/mi!!! There was no way I was going to keep up with him. even if we were only running for 1 mile!

So I plodded along, thoughts of what we may be having for dinner this evening, trying not to think about how hard running is. Yes, I enjoy running, and yes I will keep on going. There is no way I will stop, EVER! Well, maybe if I get too old! But, my word! It is hard. I really have to tell myself off, keep myself going. Which is why I write my blog, it just helps me to stay focused. I can look back and see how far I have come. I keep thinking that maybe one day, I will just fly around a 3 mile course, and think nothing of it! I really do listen to the Old Boy too, and to Naggy Neighbour, and all my group leaders. All their encouragement runs around my head as I run along, as well as all the other stuff that I think about, i.e. dinner tonight. By the way, we ended up having Italian, very nice it was!

After todays run, I almost craved being a 'tatoe' again! But I know, that is never going to happen. I am feeling much to good to ever want to go back to those days!

Geek stats.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, I wish I had your strength of purpose. if it had been me I would have rolled over and not gone running at all. You will do 6 miles very soon but be aware, you will never turn back then and that is the level you want to be....that is until OB says "let's do 10 miles". I promise you it will come

    ReplyDelete