Thursday 13 October 2011

Headlamp run!


Hello Blog lovers.

As promised from the earlier blog, I did indeed run again with the OB! He didn't think I would go, but I assured him this mornings run was just a very short run. We had already decided yesterday that we were going to be running with headlamps on, so there was no rush to get out before dark.

I had dinner already prepared and ready to go into to the oven, salad chopped and chilling in the fridge, ready to dive into when we get back. I was looking forward to the night time running malarkey, see what all the fuss is about.

Our route is the usual one, from Tent Peg Lane. The Old Boy did say that he is not feeling 100% and that I don't have to do any sub 10 min miles. It was just as well, because I was feeling a little tired anyway. I think my cold is still hanging around! I forget what number excuse that is, I expect Mr. S can tell me on the club run next Tuesday!

Also I noticed that my heart rate jumped up to 203 but in the first 2 minutes of the run. I can't think what made it go up that high, there was a cyclist that crept up behind us and said "Excuse me" I stepped aside so he could carry on up the path.

It was an experience! Right now, here is a new excuse. I'm not sure if its because it was dark, or because of said cold, or the fact that I went out running this morning, but this evenings run was a little slower that we have done in the past!

But still, it was a good run! I enjoyed it immensely, Old Goss hill got the better of me though!!!

Geek stats for you

First Nighttime Run by moosh001 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment: