Monday 12 September 2011

Yeah But....No But.......Yeah But...


Hello bloggees,

I could so have easily have wasted this day tucked up in my bed and not moved till dinner time! I had no little urchins to look after today, and Smarty Pants littlest urchin had kept her up all night, so she wasn't up for a run this morning.

After I had made sure Big Son had got up and made it out of the house to get to college on time (better than last week!) I just........turned over and slept for another 30 minutes or so.

There was nothing for it, a good telling off after I had woken up, straight into jogging clothes, so no excuse that I am not dressed right, and then potted about a bit. Tut. Motivation where are you?!

Eventually I got out of the door, the wind blowing quite hard. I was thinking "This is going to cause me to go slow" That's it Old Girl, get the 'REASONS' out there first for going slower today.

A chat to the neighbour while the Satellites found me, (unlike yesterday when it thought I was over the road a bit, but it did look good on my stats in the 'Best Pace' category) Then it was off.

My sprinting yesterday was still in my legs (more excuses) and I felt every move of my muscles as they tried to warm up. "Just slow your pace down Old Girl, this is not a race" I had decided to try the Old Boys tactic of just running and see where I end up, but making sure that I can get home of course. I was heading down Southborough Lane, and I knew that Turpington will be my next turn left. There is no way I am going on any further up this road today. But there is still potential for going somewhere different and putting in an extra few yards or so. But did I do it.....of course not. Such a lazy mare!

I was in fact slower today than I was yesterday! But I did have yesterdays 3 miles still in my legs! And I had my new water bottle to carry, (did I mention it was rather warm out as well as windy) But there was no excuses for the walking stops. It was purely down to me being...........bloomin knackered!

I enjoyed it today, and I feel as if I can run a bit later with the Old Boy as well. He is still not feeling 100%, all sort of snotty and headachy, so 2 more miles or so later will deffo have my motivation back on track, either that or me flat on me back exhausted!

Geeky stats for this run (lets see if I do go out again later)

No comments:

Post a Comment