Tuesday 20 September 2011

Usual Club Run.......With Just A Tad Bit Extra!


Hello blog lovers.

Its Tuesday, which means that its club run time. Our usual group 1 leader is still recuperating. Mrs Kipling (our group leader for the last few weeks, and the lovely maker of cakes!) is encouraging some of the group 1 runners into group 2. She feels they are ready for the next group! I know I am not ready for that group yet and decided to stay with group 1 today, and to run with another group 1 leader for todays run. She was one of the ladies in the relay race. She was in fact the 'D' runner in the team that I was on! Standing waiting for me roll on in!

Anyway, I digress! She gave us the route today, I heard her say Darrick Wood school, but in my mind I was thinking Crofton school! I was trying to think of a loop around the back of there and then get back to the main road. I just couldn't think of one.

It was when we got under the bridge that she said about Darrick Wood school again. And I said "But thats miles away" "Yes" she says "2 miles out and 2 miles back" she said with a smile. I was thinking it was more than that! But I have done more with the OB, so I shouldn't complain. And we are running at a slower pace than I normally do with the OB as well. So it should be no problem!

Well the route up to the top of the road is a gradual uphill, and again when we are doing the loop, its a gradual incline! My legs were feeling very tight! I'm not sure if it was because I had not done any running since Saturday, or if could be that I am still not quite recovered from the sickness bug that I had on Sunday! Chucking chunks Sunday evening, for no apparent reason! And no, it wasn't food poisoning, because I did the cooking. Things are always well 'caramelised' when I cook!

You can imagine how I felt on the way back! Its all down hill from here. But It was tough going. From the top of the road we had already ran 3 miles, and we still had the long road to run down before doing the final straight back. We had a newbie with us, and a Group 1 leader did say to her "we don't normally run this far, I think my calculations slight wrong" "Well, it can only be a mile from here now." I was thinking to my self. The newbie was saying that was struggling a bit, but she was doing very, very well. She was keeping up with group, I was at the back, again!, but still not letting the group get to far in front of me.

It felt really good to get onto the last road. Straight up and its done. Our leader said that those who wanted to sprint from here, can, but just to wait at the park to be counted in! I didn't see to much sprinting going on. But most of the group had picked up the pace a bit. I was running with the newbie, encouraging her on, as her pace had slowed down a bit. She said she had felt a blister forming. But she kept on going! If that was me I would be waiting for an ambulance to take me hospital. You can tell that I don't do pain!

Anyway, it turned out that it was a bit more than we usually run for a Tuesday night, but an enjoyable one! And the newbie wasn't put off either, she said she will be back next week! I will have to see how the 'new group 2's' got on with their run, next week when we meet up again.

Geeky stats, Again today there is no 'embed' button to click on, so just copy and past the link if you want to see the stats. Not sure why its all changed!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/115907722#

I have noticed that a few people have posted comments, I do try and reply and to add comments after but for some strange reason blogger doesn't recognise me when I try to add a comment on my own page!!! very strange indeed. But I do try to reply via facebook.

Thank you for reading and commenting on my ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment