Monday 12 September 2011

Chasing The Old Boy!


Hello Bloggess,

Well, I did go out again, I thought I would keep the OB company on his 2 mile course. He is just out here, keeping his legs working, keeping them nice and loose! I on the other hand have kind of suggested that I might be up for doing a relay race. I only kind of said that I was sort of thinking about it, if there were any other group 1 runners going along too, the next minute 'Little Boy Lost' had told me he had put my name down! So I gave a sweet smile to the Old Boy as I asked him if he would be able to drive me to where ever this race will be, (my navigation skills, while driving, is just not a good idea! Dangerous even!)

So here I am, outside my house, holding my arm up, looking for satellites again! That done we were off. We are not going to the woods, as you can probably guess, seeing as I am looking for satellites outside my house, we are heading for my very first half way point, Turn around Lamppost and beyond! I couldn't help but look at my Garmin to see how quickly I had got there. And I was pleased to see it was sub 6 mins!

But (oh blimey, the 'buts' have started up again), but, I did go running this afternoon, and 'I was feeling it'! I checked again after a mile, I still done a sub 11 min mile! (and I had a very short walking stop before the mile was up) Again, another smile on my face, so now I am just going to enjoy the rest of the run. If I walk some of the way, ..... it don't matter, after all, I was only here keeping the OB company. He was way in front of me by now! There was no 'keeping the Old Boy company', to be honest, the said to me on the path way before TAL "Are you running with me then?!" So I knew what was in store for me. He was running along at his own pace, enjoying just being out. Still, it was a nice thought about keeping him company!

He was waiting for me on Magpiehall Lane, about 2 minutes ahead of me, because our route was going through the park. It's getting darker now days, and he didn't want me running through there alone. I tried to keep up with him, but he was just too fast, but he kept his eyes on me, looking back, and by the time we were through the park he carried on his own pace again until our front door.

I tried the whole sprint thing again. Nagging Sister subliminal messages were working well, her words came through my fuzzled head, "Ok now Old Girl, sprint to the door" So I did!, I don't know where I got the energy from, it must have been the banana I had earlier, or the mini cornish pasty I had just an hour ago (and I'm so glad it stayed in my stomach) but I sprinted the last few metres!

So, geeky stats (again today)

No comments:

Post a Comment