Tuesday 14 April 2020

Start of Week 4 Lockdown

Hello all

It's Tuesday now, and we have just had the Easter Weekend 'off'.  Well, it's the same as last weekend for me, by for my husband it's a welcomed 4 day break.  I have been doing stuff though.  A couple of runs during the weekend and as I have been walking Naggys dog, I have been doing exercises in my house instead of going 'out' again for my one piece of exercises.  I don't know why, I just feel as I had to walk the dog then I class that as my going out for my 1 piece of exercise.  It is not absolutely necessary for me to to go out running as well.

So I have been doing some youtube classes, keep fit classes.  Not only that, but to amuse my friends or maybe even inspire them, I have been 'going live' on Facebook.  I know right! A complete nutnut!  I can only imagine what it's like to watch, (thankfully I don't have to watch).  I am sure if you turn the sound down then the rolls of 'me' will be mesmerising as I throw myself into all the moves the instructors on the web tell me to do. Body rolls, that will keep on going even on through the next moves, hip thrusts that will defy natural forces and physics!  But I need to do it, a nice walk with the dog is not enough to keep this finely tuned body of sheer blubber and muscle (somewhere it's there) in check, I need to sweat, I need to raise my heartbeat further than that of the sloth I know I could become!

So I scroll through youtube, see what is there, see what is going to be fun today, but still get a good sweat on.  CarolWithAnE's son's Jordan Burns, has his online classes for the older people! Fit for Good, it think it's called. I did that one on Thursday 9th! It may be for the older folk but it sill got me in a sweat!
By the lovely comments and messages I received it seemed that a few people liked it, put a smile on their faces!  Well, if I can do nothing more then putting a smile on faces, then I will feel like I've done something....and hopefully kept the chocolate from congregating around my middle....even more that it already has!

I went running on Saturday and Monday, just my usual 3 miles or so!  Naggy was my 'virtual' pacer as we did a social distancing run.  In fact it was more distance than social that was for sure!  She even did a few extra turns and longer routes but she still managed to stay well a head of me!  At one point she was totally out of my view!  But it felt good to think about trying to catch her, I am sure I was running a bit faster than I have been, but I am also sure I walked probably a bit too often!

Today I did a 'class' again.  I forgot to set it up on my Garmin! It was a Zumba class.  I have heard people talk about it, how it's very good and really does get you in a sweat.  So I search it out on youtube and blow me down, there was a zumba class.  A 20 minute session.  How hard can this be, eh!  I got everything sorted, went live on Facebook, not sure who would be watching and taking part with me, but I was hoping that a few smiles would be made again.  It was a good session, obviously it didn't go on Strava so doesn't count, but then I was thinking, it's on Facebook for all to see so it does count!   I also took the dog out for a walk, now that did go on Strava.

So. up today date now, until next time, stay safe, stay at home, keep washing your hands!




No comments:

Post a Comment