Tuesday 21 April 2020

Into Week 5 Of Lockdown

Hello readers.

I can't believe this lockdown is already in the 5th week!  What on earth have I been doing!  Bloody nothing!  Oh I did some exercises of course, but not much!  I feel I really have been extremely busy doing nothing! How else can I explain just how on earth we have reached week 5 of lockdown!  I know one thing, I have been at least trying to keep myself fit! How successfully will only tell in time!  If I can keep up with group 1 by the time lockdown is lifted then I will think it's all been worth it!......Actually, it's been worth it anyway.  The amount of smiles that my shenanigans have created is deffo worth it, probably a few cringes as well! 

So on Friday, I  did a Peloton dance cardio class.  Well, it's not as if any of us can go out on Friday nights to dance, so we may as well just dance in our own homes, and if it can get our heart rate up then all well and good.  I am just so totally uncoordinated trying to do what they were doing on the app but I was having fun!  And it was just what I needed after Thursdays 'leg day'  boy did my thighs hurt.

On what was formally know as parkrun day, which was formally known as Saturday and is now known as nonparkrun day, I did.....not run!  In fact I got up late, ate a cooked breakfast and then sat on my chair for the rest of the day! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Oliver and some other films which I can't recall now, but those two I did!  So when it came to Sunday I just had to get out and do something!  After my church meeting, done on Zoom, I got myself ready to go for a run.  I knew if I just sat back in my chair I would stay there.  I think the day before must have been my 'feeling sorry' for myself day!  What the feck I have to feel sorry for is beyond me, but I guess it gets to people in the end!  So I knew that I needed to get up and go for a run, a bit of fresh air, work my muscles again and try to just enjoy running outside.

Monday, now what did I do!  Oh yes, something I found on Youtube, it was the next video after the one 'Doop Doop' song that Kev had made which starred around 50 of us PWR's!  So I can thank Kev for the Hip Hop Tabata workout that I did then.  Oh my goodness, did that work the legs or what!  It was good fun though, I don't think I have ever done 'twerk legs' and I think that is one that I will probably go back and do again before we leave lockdown!

Today, Tuesday, I did my friends workout......again.....I realised sometime through the session that she had answered a query of mine!  It is Adele, she is a personal trainer and has her own business, Adele Murrell Personal Training and Boxercise!  So you can imagine she is fairly fit!  Her  session is not on Youtube, I went to her Facebook page to find a video to follow (do we call them videos, now, I am such a dinosaur). Mind you Adele said she was a bit of a technophobe just because she hasn't downloaded anything on Youtube!  Of course I asked permision if I could use it and broadcast it to all my viewers (I think I had about 5 today!) 
I so need to see my hairdresser!  I might
just have to use the spray!

Anyway, this workout was up and down, up and down!  A right good session, consisting of lunges and spotty dogs, planks and cycle legs, or whatever she called them, plus a few more on top of that!  I was truly sweating! I also noticed that my knee didn't hurt this time either!  I think maybe the tablets are working......or not running as much.... ..but anyway no aches!  I think a couple of the viewers were also doing this, not just sitting there, dipping in out watching me.  I know LouLou and Jan did because they both tagged me in strava, yes, at least it showed I did something!  Yup I forgot to start the blimming Garmin again!

You would have thought that I had done enough for today, but I decided to do a couple of short sessions on Peloton, an arm strengthening and body weight thing, each about 10 minutes long!  When I was doing Adele's class I noticed just how weak I am in the upper body!  And just how flabby my arms are!  The only thing with the upper body session was that it required weights, so, two cans of beans with sausages no less, just had to do!  Working the amrs with my beans, it was pretty hard work, I am sure it's gonna do some good. In fact I need to stay on top of it even after lockdown!

So that was that, oh, apart from a walk with the dog in the evening, just a short one, so that he could cock his leg!  Fairly busy doing nothing today! Looking forward to tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment