Wednesday 29 April 2020

How has 6 days Passed!

Hello blog readers.

I can't believe it's been 6 days since I last blogged! How quick is time going?  Days are merging into one, I have to keep looking at my Garmin to check what day it is.  I am sure when I had my kids all at home and was looking after others kids the days were long!  The six weeks holidays seem to stretch into an eternity!  But now, with nothing to do, it's same ole, same ole!  It won't be for much longer, well not in the gist of things.  I think I would rather be stuck at home keeping safe, being safe and helping to protect the NHS by staying safe.  It's not an awful lot to ask of us really.  These days there are so many ways to stay in touch with everyone. I know that for some the break from the house is there only freedom from 'in doors', from 'him in doors' or even 'her in doors'  Some of the kids being at school could quite possible be the only time they feel safe. So if you are stuck in doors, keep an eye on 'her next door' or 'them next door', don't be afraid to speak out if you are worried about your neighbours.  I must say, my son made me laugh when he saw 'a stranger' hanging around our green looking over to our neighbours house, he had a big dog too.  The 'stranger' went into my next door neighbours house so my son decided to confront him, bless him,  It was my neighbours son in law, he had brought them shopping!  But I think they all saw the funny side and really appreciated that my son was helping to keep an eye on things! I really wanted to say that though, people was dealing with shit before Covid-19, this could and is putting extra on people!

Anyway, talk about digressing!  My way of dealing with my lockdown life at the mo is to do my exercises with my friends.  Now I could go on houseparty, but not everyone has that, I could do the zoom thing and we could all exercise together, but then who to invite, what if they don't want to, what if we run out of time on zoom setting up meetings, what if.......what if.  The only other way is Facebook live.  people have a choice then!  I usually have at least one person that is actually joining in and doing the exercises with me, I have family members giving me encouragement during my exercises, it's like we are all in the park having a boot camp style session!

During the week I am exercising, doing all sorts of classes that I find on youtube, or ones that my family and friends have suggested. With a dog walk about an hour later I am at least staying active!  On Saturday and Sunday I let people have a break from my blobby body huffing and puffing into all sorts of shapes and angles on the laptops!  My Friday sessions on 'Live' Facebook is fun and flirty as I do a dancey style one, the Peloton app has a couple of dance cardio sessions to choose from, but I have fell in love with Cody and his 'gay run', his 'wig snatch' and his 'bees bees bees.'  It makes me smile!  It totally shows me how uncoordinated I am too!

So let me list.

Friday was Cody and Hannah from Peloton.  It's the body rolls and the wig snatch that gets me!  I am determined to get those two moves down to an art by the time lock down is lifted!  Saturday, well Saturdays I seemed to have around the wrong way.  My week should be, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday then Saturday.  Because on Saturdays I seemed to be getting out of bed late, enjoying a rather large cooked breakfast and then veg for the rest of the day doing sweet sod all!  Sundays I am running though, I need it!  Just three miles each time.  Last Sunday though was particularly hard, mentally that is. Running is aways fecking hard!  But I was really telling myself off, the negative thoughts of "You can't do it, just stop" was particularly loud in my head. The feeling of "You are no longer a runner Old girl" was unsuccessfully being repressed from my mind, and tears rolled down my face.  Even a few sobs escaped from my lips.  I was in my local park and just about pulled myself together to finish of my run.  "It's not a bad run, no run is a bad run" I was chanting to myself, hoping that would help suppress the feeling of disappointment of that particular run. At least I ran.  I think that is where I ended up at!

I also, I know it was cheeky, but I also went for a nice walk on this day too, with the Old boy, another 3 miles or so!  Crazy eh.  I know it was 2 bits of exercise that day, but it was with the Old Boy and just walked around our own area, all the way around the woods, where 'Fever Hospital' was.  Its hard to see in the minds eye a huge building being in those woods.  If it were not for the evidence of a couple of brick pillars where huge black gates used to hang and the footings of a huge wall that used to encase the grounds of the hospital.  My husband said he used to play in the derelict buildings that were there!  It's amazing just how nature reclaims back the land.  The buildings are no more, the autopsy tables are no more, the road and the roundabout no more.  It's all woods with just a scattering of bricks.  even the tarmac road is under the mud and dirt from the woods.

Monday it was Ralphs friends fitness.  She has her videos on her facebook page, JoJo fitness,  I did her 35 min HIIT class!  Oh my goodness, that was a hard one!  Mental note, big thanks to Ralph when I see him. 

Yesterday it was Bims friend who she works with, Steph. sweat with Steph it said on her youtube film at the end.  Another bouncy very fit young lady!  I think my sister then realised that when I say "I can't do that"  she really believes me, also when Bims realised that I realised that yesterday was the first time she actually joined in with me!  I also did abou 50 odd takes of a routine for Kev, he's doing another PWR compilation of us all dancing!  Soon to be on youtube!  I have literally just looked at what I sent him, totally uncoordinated, even looking a little 'drunk' on one occasion, I think I should have been doing a 'grapevine', probably looked like I was coming out of winery instead!

Bims joined in with today as well as we did the Hip Hop Tabata one.  I enjoyed doing this one last week, but boy did my legs kill me after.  So I knew what to expect today!  A good work out on my legs, try and get these blimmin hams of mine looking like hooman legs again.  Bims enjoyed this one too!  I knew she would.  I tried to get her to guest appear on my live feed but Facebook has taken the 'button' away again!  Maybe it was a 24 hour thing, to see if people would like it!  Well, Facebook, if you are by some miracle reading this, I really like this button, can I have it back please"  Oh 

So all up to date again, I shall scourer the internet for a workout for tomorrow, or I might go back to one that I have already done.



No comments:

Post a Comment