Tuesday 15 January 2019

Club Run - Janathon Day15!

Hello Blog readers.

This Janathon malarkey, its half way through! Yee Ha!  And then next month it will be concentrating on my half marathon!  Yup, I have signed up for Paddock wood again! (Come on Naggy, get your name down!)  Love it! Ooo, look at that!  I wrote that 'love it' without even thinking about it!  Mojo, you are so nearly mine again!   So, because I am doing this Janathon thing I am treating every run, every extra walk and every workout as just a mark up on my calendar!  Nevertheless I am still stepping it up by going in group 2, as I am not leading.  It's great having other leaders to help with my 'baby' group 1 because I can move up to group 2.  Me, Naggy and Shalini all went together to the rec.  There were a couple of our group not running today, J.J., K, SnappyH had some sort of parents evening or OFSTED, both which I can imagine is pretty tedious and poor LoobyLou isn't very well!  LittleJ wasn't doing her walking group.  I do miss everyone.  But CarolWithAnE was leading group 1 and GetYourLegsUpTracy came along in group 2 with Ade and Auriol.  RefMichael was in group 4 it think.

Ruth was leading today, I missed out on where her route was going as I was taking a 'comfort' break, I think the chilly weather made me need one!  So it was a nice surprise to find out that.......Cardiac Hill was included in there, not only that, but it's at the end....going up it!  Ok, so this is group 2, it's going to be longer than group 1 and it will be more challenging!  No turning back Old Girl!

I offered to sweep, of course, only because I knew I would be at the back.  I know as soon as I start to be able to stay up with the group and then feel comfortable there, I will stop offering to sweep and then to push on up to the front.  And then who knows, I could get to the giddying heights of group 3 in no time!  Baby steps though, no need to go crazy.  There were 18 of us in Group 2, Selena was in group 2!  I remember when she first joined us, it's good to see she is still running!  It's quite addictive really!

We ran down to Petts Wood Road and then turned right to run all the way up to the walk over bridge.  Of course normally I would have take then short cut up Kings Way, if I were leading, but then this is group 2!  We even ran all the way around CrestView Drive and down Crescent Avenue, just like I do with my group 1 if I were leading!  But I am not leading, Ruth is and she has managed to get Cardiac Hill added into this route!  By the time we got to the off license we were at 2 miles, which means we still had over a mile to do.  I knew we were going to be going up Cardiac Hill, that surely has to make it well over the 3 miles, possible 3.5 miles if we go down Willet Way.  Yes, that must be where she was going to take us.  Me, Selena and Auriol were at the back saying that we are pretty sure she was going down Willet Way.  But she didn't!  She carried on doing more of Cardiac hill to the big roundabout at the top of Petts Wood Road.  "Ok, so she must be running down there to Crossways" Said Auriol, but guess what Ruth had other plans!  She was heading for Birchwood, We did try and suggest that Wood Ride which she said "Ok, that's a good compromise".  Well, I think she was just keeping us at the back nice and quiet, because Kingsway and Wood Ride came and went as we headed for Birchwood!

I must say, it was a great run, I enjoyed it, tough, but all runs are tough!  Thanks Ruth!  I am staying in Group 2!.......for now!

Oh, and if you were wondering if I did day 14 Janathon, well I did!  Only a 10 minutes workout, sit ups, planks and what not!  But I think it counts!

Geeky stats

No comments:

Post a Comment