Wednesday 20 May 2020

Bike Rides, Walks and Workouts!

Hello blog readers.
I look tired here, I think
I didn't sleep too well the night
before

I am afraid I have left it way too long between blogging and exercising!  I can't remember what I done on what day.  But I have been busy that's for sure!  I decided that I wouldn't write up every single day about my exercising because that would just become bloody boring, I don't want to bore the pants of you guys!  I expect I am doing that with my viewer on my live feeds on FaceBook!  But all the while I have at least one person that pops in then, in my mind, they are there with me, for the whole 30 minutes or so, which means that I have to keep on going. I must be fair, usually Jan is working out with me, reminding me each time to put my watch on!  Oh yes, I put my Garmin on to record my exercises!  If it's not recorded then it didn't happen! (except on facebook..... but you know!)

I have done a lot of Team Body Project workouts, I have now subscribed to his channel on youtube.  There are a lot of videos on there!  I thought I would 'step it up' again this week, on Monday, I chose one of theirs on the channel with Alex taking the lead, the wife/partner of......blimey I really need to find out his name, but anyway, she is evil!  Oh my goodness, I really thought I was ready for it, after all, I have been doing exercises now for five weeks, six weeks?  It's a bimmin long time.  But I am not!  I am thinking to myself, we live in an world that wants things done quicker faster, done yesterday!  We want things to be smaller, lighter, that includes ourselves!  But things like fitness does not come in an instance.  It's also not all about exercises too!  Unfortunately!  It's about healthy eating as well!  That is what I need to work on as well, but, well, I just don't want too!  It's too much like hard work!  Yes I know working out, running, cycling and all forms of exercises is hard work, but doing that and then denying yourself the sweet tasty, fattening things in life just seem to be too much!  I think I must be grateful for the fact that at least I am working out, burning off some of those calories that I seemed to insist I stick down my neck!  I can't imagine what I would look like after lockdown has been lifted if I didn't workout, run and cycle!

Shalinis handiwork, she even
had her own personal
postal workers, her
husband and Daughter!
Did I mention that I have been working out on the green in front of my house?  Shalini was very keen to get this underway after I said "We should get our neighbours to do a workout on our green"  Why did I say that, I hear you say.  Because J.J.'s street have all been coming out on a Saturday morning to all workout together!  Well it is a brilliant idea, isn't it!?  Neighbourly, kindness, helpful, encouraging!  All the things that we should be, this week especially! Anyway, Shalini got the ball rolling and straight away got on with letting the neighbours know!This was the first week



My second cycle out was a lot better by the way......I pumped up the tyres!  I can't believe I didn't really check them, Anyway, more about cycling in my other blog!  So I have worked out with Joanna Soh and with the Peloton guys, Cody and Hannah! I have worked out with Adele Murrell and I have done numerous Body Project.  Some have been pretty tough going!  But I am not going stop, that's for sure!  I have to keep going! Even if it's for my own piece of mind, just doing something is better than not doing something!  It's mental Health Awareness week, and I tell you, exercise does help with your whole 'feeling ok' with things!  I am sure when people are really feeling totally shitty the last thing they want to do is to go out for a run, or pick up some dumbbells and throw those skywards!  I know there has been many a time I haven't been arsed to go for a run, knowing that it would probably do me good! I know that because there have been a few times when I've gone running when I didn't feel like it and had a bloody good run! Something to do with endorphins or some such thing.  I was certain I have never had such things, I was never issued any when I was in the queue to be born!  Well that's what I thought!  That's only because when I expecting this huge high, this euphoria, unmistakingly like nothing else!  When generally it's all just about your head space, me time, that feeling of.....'Yes I fecking done it'! Sometimes that is all you need.

What else did I do! Oh yes, I went for a bike ride yesterday, with my sons girlfriend.  She borrowed my white Giant and I took my Specialized!  It was the first time this year!, but more about that in my cycling blog!

Today, well today I went back to Adeles facebook page to do another one of her classes.  One that I have not done before!  It was filmed in 2017, so sometime ago, it looked like it was a lovely day, she had a vest top on all set for summer, at least that is what I thought!  Adele herself had asked if I had done this one before, and I said I hadn't.

So doing it today, all by myself, in the beginning, not even Jan was on line.  Bims is of course working, so no banter!  The video started, the nice gentle warm up, slowing just awakening those muscles! Nope!  It was start jumps and jogging on the spot.  It was like a cold flannel wake up call for your body!  We started the exercises, So far so good, and then.....well......then she said it!  "Burpees are next"  I fecking hate burpees! I just can't do them, my legs don't seem to want to jump forward or backwards once I have touched down with my hands.......or so I thought!"  My first burpee was, almost, a perfect burpee!  I am only sorry that I didn't bring the camera down lower so that all.....one of my.....viewers could see it!  Ok, I still hate burpees, but I did it!  I only did about 3 or 4 to Adele's 6 or 7 or however many she managed to do in 30 seconds!  But yeah, impressed my self!  I think the workouts are..working out! I am still not ready to got continually to the intermediate classes!  During my live workout today Bims came on line!  I she was working from home, or had the day off, whatever, but she came as my 'guest' on my live recording and we had BANTER!  Oh how I have missed that.  At the end of my record I went and had a look at it, I could see me as I popped up and down doing those blimmin burpees!  I can't believe I screamed out 'Burpees' everytime I jumped up!  What a crazy lady!

Was that all I did today? Hmmm, no!  No it wasn't because at 5:30 this evening the neighbours came on to the green for some more socially distance work out!  I did another workout with the neighbours.  I chose to do the very first class we did last week as it was not so much of jumping about as the weather was ridiculously warm!  I seriously didn't think anybody would show up this evening, but Shalini came, my neighbour opposite who lives next door to NaggyNeighbour and one of the ladies from the close!  They all had water with them, thankfully!  I think they all do workout pretty hard, they are all fed up of not moving, or getting around.

So up today date.  A lot to read, a lot missing too, I expect you are pleased about that! 


No comments:

Post a Comment