Tuesday 5 May 2020

Another Week, Another Blog

Hello blog readers.

Yet another week has passed!  This time for me seems to be running away from me.  I feel I have done nothing, nothing of significance that is. I kind of just squandered this time of isolation!  Yes, I have been doing exercises, trying to keep fit, but as we all know that will only help if  eat a healthy diet too!  I hate to think what I would be like if I didn't do those youtube exercises.  Today I found this one where it was a young girl doing her work out.  I am not sure if she is a fitness instruction or personal trainer, but it was on youtube, the exercises looked like they were going to put me through my paces.  I also had my sister on Facetime with me, so that we could banter and cheer each other one!  Why would I particularly like to hear my sister I hear you ask. Well this young lady who I am about to follow doesn't actually speak!  She just goes through the motions, the timer ticking down when it come to the end of the exercise ready for the next and the name of the next discipline is displayed at the top of the screen!

Hmmm, I think this one was going to be tough mentally.  I like hearing "Yeah, you got this" because otherwise in my mind I hear "Give up old girl for feck sake!, you're pathetic"!  So Having NaggingSister, aka Bims, was just what I needed.  My other sister, Queenie (an old nickname from her school days)  was supposed to join me too, but for some reason she had urgent business to attend to!  What, I don't know!

I had to do my own warm up too, because the 'Silent One' didn't do any sort of warm up first.  I wonder if she has a squeaky voice (just like me but I don't give a stuff) and that's why she don't talk! Hmm. anyway, we did our own warm up, and then I started the video going.  We did a couple of reps, lunges, punches, sumo squats, leg raises, and crunches. All the usual stuff, with not one word of encouragement from her.  Me and Bims were making some noises, groanings and moanings with the occasional "Come on Old girl!" or "Come on Bims we got this"!  I managed to get it done, it wasn't pretty, and I did struggle.  It wasn't my fav youtube workout!  Bims agreed!  My fav so far is the Body Project, maybe it's because I am lazy......no getting down on the floor!  I know that getting down on the floor is good for your, working different muscles, easing pressure on doing some of the exercises, or maybe even making them that little bit hard, more effective!  But still, I like the standing one!
Me and Bims
On Sunday I had plans to do a 10k, my running clubs members 10k.  It was to be a social distance run with Karin, as all our runs have been since the beginning of time!  Well most of them anyway!  But I really wasn't in the right mood for it, but I still went out and we done half the route, half the distance, but I was glad that I did it!  Plenty of time to get back to my running fitness, so I keep telling myself.  Being mostly inactive for the rest of the day is probably not what we're used to, is it.  But I did it, no run is a bad run, just slower or faster!

There have been about 10 other exercises and walking since the last time I blogged too!  And todays workout....well, I forgot to record on my Garmin!  Gutted!  But also today, I did go out on my bike!

So a nice short blog about 11-12 exercises!  Can you imagine if I blogged after every single one?  My goodness, you would be saying "For goodness sake Old Girl, shut the feck up!"  It's why I am saving up my blogging really!  I mean, who does exercisies every freakin day?  Crazy!  But I know that it probably works out to be the same as if I was at work!  Probably why no fat loss.......that and chocolate and crisps!

So, until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment