Sunday 30 June 2019

Mid Summer Gladness!

Hello blog readers
PWR 2019
(photo by Kev Howarth)

Just about a week ago we had our club Midsummer run.  It's a great social fun run!  It's one our every ones favourite yearly run!  It's definitely one of my favourite club events.  We all meet up half an hour earlier than the usual time and then we all go in several big groups.  Group 1, 2 and 3 were all running together and then there was 4 and 5, 6 and 7, 8 and 9 then the faster groups.

A race to get to the pit-stop, which was Paulines front garden!  There you will find several tables laid out with delicious cooling drinks!  Beer, prosseco, water and fruit drinks!  What else could you possibly want on a club run!

Our group was taking the direct route, which is around 2 miles to get to Paulines.  CarolWithAnE was down to lead group 1, but as we were getting together with groups 2 and 3 it was down to RefMichael to lead!  But......slight problem there, he was quite sure of the way, neither did CaroWithAnE!  No need to panic though, I knew exactly where to go!
Combined group

Once all the faster groups had left the rec we followed on.  The groups were huge, with over 30 in some of the groups, I think it must have looked pretty awesome all of us lot in our club shirts coming out of the rec. All of us with one destination to get to!  Paulines house!  It's not just for fun, and social gathering, we have a serious reason for all wearing our club tops on this fun evening.  It's to get the yearly photograph for the social media pages! We love photos! Here, this is us!


So the run there, well it's gotta be the quickest way possible!  Dog Poo Ally, straight up the middle path and hang a left at the top! Straight along there to Botany Bay lane and out on to the road!  It's not much further to go from there, it's all on the road, turn left and then follow the road to the cricket ground! Easy!  Or....just follow the noise! There were quite a few of us meeting up there!

Here's some pictures, and of course the official picture for the social media pages!


Of course once it was all over there we had to make our way back to the rec!  We only stay there for about 20 mins, but we sure do make it a real party atmosphere.  I didn't quite finish my beer, so there was only one thing for it, continue on  the run!  Litterally, running and drinking!  I don't think I was the only one that did that, looking at all the pictures posted, but I was the only one in the combined group 1, 2 and 3!  You know what we are like with pictures, so here!  This is me!  Enjoying my beer, running with my mates and just loving life!








I think our group was a tad bigger on the way back, as it usually is! But who wants to run really faster after a couple of beers! Certainly not me!  I was a bit concerned about the whole 'comfort stop' on the way back, but there were plenty of trees bushes and stuff around, boys on the left and girls on the right!  As it happened,  it was only the boys that took advantage of that!  Which totally surprised me really,  normally I just have to hear the word loo and I am looking for the nearest!

We had a great fun run back, RefMichael, who is now knows where he is going ran ahead with the faster runners, while I just had fun bring up the rear chatting with anyone that wanted a slower run back!  Or rescue a sheep! (long story that, but there were three of us particularly slow, main group waiting for us so we came up with a story that had to rescue a sheep!)  I know, they didn't believe us though!

We soon came out of the woods and made our way back to the rec.  Run finished, smiles all round and totally ready to go home!  What a great run that was!






No comments:

Post a Comment