Tuesday 4 June 2019

Club Run - New Toy!

Hello blog readers.

I've only gone and blimmin done it!  I treated myself to the most exquisite, super duper, pretty sports watch.  I know I have one already, but this one is just too pretty!  My other one won't go to waste, if I ever do a muddy run then that will be my go to watch, or maybe if it's raining way to hard, or a promise of lots of rain, then again, I will opt for my old faithful.

I read all the reviews, asked advice.......but I still bought it! Because I wanted it!  So there you go.  so my first run with my new Garmin Vivoactive 3 (white and rose gold.....so pretty) sports watch happened today, the very day that I got it.  In fact the very evening I got it, so not really enough time to play with it, see how it all works and go for a practise run! Nah, who needs practise, straight in at the deep end.  As I walked over the green to show Naggy my new watch, (I have been showing her this particular watch for months now) I found out how to start a run....most useful I thought, especially as I was leading this evening!  I was taking no chances though, on my other wrist was my old faithful, my Garmin 225!  Just in case!

So I got to the rec with Naggy, picked up my paddle board with all the info about pacing, distance etc, and then waited for Hannah to call my name to do my bit!  Which I did, while holding the paddle in my hand with my new watch firmly on show, and, just in case nobody noticed it......I pointed it out, and then told everyone!

As there was only 4 of us in group 1 this evening, thats CarolWithAnE, K and Debbie, I didn't really need the group to count us all out, we also was able to sneak out before group 2 hand finished their group chat!  I was heading for the woods, lets see if my new Garmin can keep locked on to the satellites from inside the woods.  I took the right hand path, I actually was doing last weeks route in reverse!, sort of, just going along a couple of different paths, but still a big loop.  Going up the hill is always a challenge, it had also been raining, but the ground wasn't very wet at all.  We had had some lovely warm days lately.

CarolWithAnE and K ran up the first with me running with Debbie.  I was being a 'Wolf leader', if you look at the picture below, the chap at the very back is the leader of the pack! He's very busy keeping an eye on all his pack!  Honest!
That was me, getting up them darn hills. As we were running I  called 'Bear right", or "Bear left" There were only four of us, it worked brilliantly! We kept together pretty well!

It wasn't too dark in the woods, with the grey sky above and the shading from the leaves, but I am so looking forward to a really nice bright sunny evening running through there!  We all chatted to each other as we ran along.  The 3 miles seemed to go so very quickly!  We did have a bit of a scare, well what with all this talking of wolves and bears, it wasn't an animal that jumped out on us but,.....as we were coming up to the very last bit of our time in the woods, I was chatting with CaroleWithAnE at the back and K and Debbie were up the front "Which way, Old girl" K called out to me and then an almight scream came from her, followed by some 'catawalling' from the 'scary' animals.  It was in fact Naggy and SnappyH!  There were walking today, SnappyH is still recovering from an injury, Naggy decided to walk with her as there wasn't a walking group organised!  Just like a couple of school girls, they hid behind a tree because a random man, running back along the path, (he had passed us) told them that there were runners behind.  They decided to jump out and scare whoever it was.  I happened to be us!  (they knew it was us really, as K called out "Is it this way Old Girl") Poor K nearly had a heart attack!  Not only that but SnappyH captured it all on video!  We have promised K though, that we wont share it!  It really is so funny tho!

So we just finished our run through the woods and ran to the rec to do some stretches!

A couple of pictures from our run and my new super pretty Garmin! plus geeky stats.


Dog Poo Ally
It reminds me a bit of Maze runner entrance!

Isn't in pretty!  This is just at the start of our run in the woods

Just before we start up the right side path
(which is just behind us)



No comments:

Post a Comment