Tuesday 7 May 2019

Club Run - Well Club Walk Actually!

Hello blog readers.

I am so glad to be back with my running buddies on a Tuesday!  Ok, so I wasn't running, I joined the walking group today.  It was lovely walking with IllustriousLeader, LittleJ, J.J. and Christine with her lovely dog.  So just 5 of us, I so needed to be back out there, the best bit is that we went through the woods!  It's been such a long time!

With the walking wounded all gathered, we watched as all the other groups ran passed out of the gate, maybe next week, next week I will try and see if my ankle is sufficiently healed to join in.  I really do need to get back to my running.  I am losing my waist line again!  I could stop eating, but......well, there is........actually..........?? No, there is no excuse why I can't stop eating crap, I like it!  I always eat it, but usually I have the running to help burn off those calories!

We had a nice walk through the woods, we went in through Dog Poo Ally, took the middle path to got right the way through the woods.  There is no way we can do the whole of the walk in the woods as it would soon be too dark, but doing he first half in the woods always makes me feel good.

We walked all the way up till we almost got to the information board, just not reaching it, there on the left is another path.  We took this one to the end and which brought us to a criss cross of paths.  We went straight on from there and came out on the the rather posh estate.  Houses here of in excess of one mill at least!  Beautiful houses, but my favorite want is called Walsingham Manor!  Oh my goodness, it truly is a beautiful building.  It inspired a rather romantic blog from me when I was on one of my solo runs.  Oh, I can remember that run as it it was yesterday.  It was a gorgeously warm day, the sun was dancing through the trees, lighting up the gossamer webs, strung through the trees.  Each web had tiny droplets of water on them, making them sparkle like diamonds.  If only we could capture those delicate lacy garments of the trees and drape them on our own clothes.  So pretty!

Oh, see, there I go again, getting all Mills and Boon!  I must try and find out the history of this place, just to see if my fantasy dreams match up to what really is the truth about this lovely building.  I managed to track down a picture of it, it is now flats, of course it's flats!  It's an huge building, I don't suppose one family could occupy such a huge place!  I think maybe the Walsingham family must have owned it before, they were a very important family, dating back to the 16th century!

After admiring this place for a couple of minutes we continued our walk up the road to the end.  We then crossed over the road.  The light was fading but we decided that we could probably get through just this just before it was too dark!  We finished off the last bit of Chislehurst road on the pavement, before walking down Birchwood.

I didn't want it to end, it was great being with my mates again, next time, well next time I hope I am running, in group 1 of course.  I have to work up to group 3 again! (I know I have only done group 3 once, but I did get there!)

Geeky stats.



No comments:

Post a Comment