Thursday 22 February 2018

Where Is Spring!?

Hello blog readers.

So there I was, texting people early this afternoon, just to shock them into thinking about running tonight at track. Also Texting NaggyNeighbour at 7:30 pm this evening, to find out if she is coming to track with me today. Well guess what, both blew me out.  I seriously nearly had a case of nomatitus, pronounced no-mate-itus!  This is a serious disorder, and it can affect you imediately after calling on friends and or family, to go running with you only to find out that no one wants to go with you!  The disease can render the victim almost unconscious if they make said calls and or text messages from a recliner chair! But I fought back, took the desired medication and action to fight against this awfulness, a sip of water, and change into running gear, and out the door! Blimey, if the nomatitus don't get me the blimmin cold will! Oh my goodness, it's freezing!  I was walking up the path saying to myself "Go back home, go back home now!" I was saying it out loud!  Thankfully I managed to get to my car before that happened. I drove on to the track, with my music, Disturbed, playing very loudly!

There were quite a few people there, the The Pond family, with assistantJuniorCoachPear, assisting PhysioMikeTheMod.  Now I know that I have finally put nomatitus on the back burner as I heard all my mates say "Hi" to me.  And now to try and remember what the session was......how was going to do that I don't know, my brain cells were frozen!  But I knew that PMTM would remind me.  The session was 2 x 1600, followed by 2 x 800 and then I am sure there was something after that. Anyway, for me it was 2 x 1200 then 2 x 800......if I can fit them in the time that we have.  We had our warm up lap, but to be honest I was not warmed up at all!  I just couldn't seem to 'feel it', I tried hard as I could, I didn't stop running.  My legs and ankles we not happy with me!  I got a little twinge in my right ankle, just a little niggle, like I had twisted it, which I knew I hadn't of course, it was just that I was trying too hard, on cold legs, I think.  Of course the coaches, Pear and MikeTheMod were very encouraging, as I ran pass them, I am sure that PMTM even said "4 hours 30" or something like it, to me, I am sure he had miscalculated, there was no way I was running that fast, I was way to cold! Maybe that is wy my legs and ankle were twinging! The time he calls out is the speed that you would cover the marathon at if you kept it going for all 26 miles! 

PMTM then pulled us all out of the warm up laps to get ready for some sprinting warm ups. He had set up 3 lanes with cones, we were to accelerate to the first, hold the speed and then jog back to the beginning, and do it untill PMTM said "Time up", I really struggled with that!  I even missed a couple of sprints so that I could recover!  I can't wait for the spring! I ate the cold!

Then we started our session, I still had cold legs......cold ankles, cold feet, cold body and arms, and my ears, they were so cold!  But then I though about PhysioMikeTheMod and AssistantJuniorCoachPear, standing at the start, cheering and encouraging and praising and correcting and advising and coaching each one!  They must be freezing! So I stopped feeling sorry for myself, and feeling lazy....well as much as I could while I was feeling cold, and really tried to do as much of the session as I could.  As I was running around everyone was saying "Well done Old Girl, keep it up", it really is  just what I need to hear on my track sessions.  Yup, deffo not got nomatitus now!  Love it!

I managed to do two lots of the 1200 one 800 and then one 400!  Not quite the full session, but then that's me all over!  I am not quite the full session, a sandwich short of a picnic as they say!  I must be!  Out in the freezing cold running around the track!  Mind you, maybe I shouldn't say that, not with at least 30 others out here running around a track!

I felt really good afterwards, knackered, but really good.  I then started to think about food! Ah! Now, that is why I was not feeling it, I just remembered what I had for my lunch this afternoon, pie n mash, oh but it was lovely, but probably not the best pre track lunch to have!

So Geeky stats for you, I remembered to do lap thingy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment