Tuesday 20 February 2018

Club Run - Feeling Fine!

Hello blog readers.

It was just me in the car this evening, Tracy is still recovering from a cold and Karin being laid low with a headache so my music went on! Loud! Very Loud!  I am still well into Disturbed!  Just love this band, my favourite song, the song that introduced me to the band is 'Sound of Silence', epic cover followed by 'Never Wrong' another epic track!  Only to be listened to at full decibels!  It set me up for my run this evening.  I had planned on doing some hills but then I saw Wendimoo had joined us.  I remembered her pain during parkrun on Saturday and decided to do the nice and gentle route.

We were missing some of our regular group 1's, Tracy, Auriol, Kay and Carole! Darn the cold virus, and general life getting to us!  But we still had a fabulous 8 runners in our group, J.J. was sweeping.  I thought I would really try and keep on top of the pacing, keep it at the advertised pace, the running sections that is.  I didn't do too badly, occasionally going way to fast and then running way to slow.  with the stops however we still didn't quite manage to keep the average under 15 m/mi.  I would like to keep our group to at least 14 - 14:30 avg.  Now there's a challenge for me!  Lets see if I can do it!

It was a great run, everyone chatting away, I do love our club run, is more social than anything.  When we want to push ourselves then we can either enter a race, do a parkrun or go and push ourselves on the track!  I must try harder this week to make sure that I don't suddenly come down with sofaritus, commonly known as can't-be-arseditus!  It comes and goes!

But this evenings run I really enjoyed it, the company was great, even the weather wasn't too bad....yes it rained but only when we were less than a mile from the rec.  It wasn't cold, that would have really made the horrible, but just a gentle misting.  The rain may have even helped us to move along just a little bit quicker!

And so, another run done, another evening that I could quite have easily climb under my blanket and vegged in front of the telly, but knowing that I am needed out there, to crack the whip, to inspire to.....well, to just have fun with my friends is what gets me out there on cold, dark, damp evenings!

Here's our geeky stats for tonight's run

No comments:

Post a Comment