Thursday 22 June 2017

Double Day!

Hello blog lovers.

I did the double again today! Thursday morning and Thursday evening!

Last Thursday!

 But first, it's last Thursday morning.  Just a quickie, as it has been a whole week!  Last week there were 6 of us in my group.  I know that because I actually got a picture of us!  Thank goodness for mobile phones!  Ooo, maybe I should take down notes too, that way I won't forget anything!  Anyway, I believe I needed to do some hills, so of course the most challenging hill in the woods is Goss Hill.

We did it, this is the picture of us getting up to the top!

Oh and this is geeky stats for that day!  That's about all I can recall!  I shall have to remember to blog straight away!  Oh yes, I did blog about last Thursday evening, so I am not totally lazy with my blogging!


This Thursday

This morning I went on a lovely run with my running buddies, we did the opposite of the run we did last week!  It's always nice to run down hill, especially the one that we ran up last week!  I know I didn't run the whole way, but I think a couple of the girls managed to do it last week!  So I took Tracy, K, and PinkladyJo all the way the middle path.  It was quite warm morning, considering the sky was quite grey, so getting up the hill was a nice challenge.  There seemed to be a lot of canines out with the humans this morning, and some of them were just so adorable I just had to say hello to them, the canines first of course, they have the cutest faces!  So that hill was done in one go!  Oi, it's a reason that I stopped, not an excuse.....honest!  We got to the top and had a little breather, then the three ladies turned right while I turned left.  I stood there for a few seconds to see if they would notice as they meandered off in the wrong direction, chatting! In the end I had to give them a little call "Ahem, ladies, when you are ready" I said to them, or words to that effect anyway!  


We continued along the top of the woods to Botany Bay Lane but I took a slightly different path.  One that I have done before, but not sure if the other girls had ran along it.  It's quite a difficult little path, a bit like steps going down, you need your wits about when running down along it.  It brings us out to the little pond, which we run by all the time, but we run passed it on the other side, where the trees and bushes hide it from the path.  I remember I ran along here and on a fallen tree across the pond stood a heron, looking for his breakfast in the pond.  A beautiful sight, especially as it was the time for the dragonfly's to be flying about.  If I could have stayed there watching all day on that day, I think I would have done.  K had not seen the pond before, and she leaned on the fence to just take it in.  I think she said something about the quiet pool and gin, or something like that!  We had to tear ourselves away to continue our run.

On to Botany Bay Lane we ran and turned left,  until we got to the path that goes to the right.  Then it was the lovely down hill run.  I just had to run down and enjoy it, I got to the bottom and decided to get my camera out again and get a picture of the girls enjoying the down hill.  Everybody smiles when they are running down hill, or is that just me!  

The river path is my fav thing, blimey they I go sounding like a puppy again (if puppies could talk of course).  On a nice warm morning, in the solitude, running along next to the river is just awesome!  Just taking big lung fulls of air could set you up the for day!  

Back on to the bottom end of Botany Bay Lane (I am not sure if this bit is actually still part of Botany Bay Lane, (but everybody knows it as that) we ran up to the railway line.  All the way, non stop with just a little bit more effort!  That was my plan...for everyone!  We did it, although I think Tracy was glaring a little bit at me, just a little bit!  We were nearly back, we just had to run up to Dog Poo Ally and then back to the rec.  I did a little sprint down Crossways! 

It was a great run, warm, but......the sprinkler system started just as we were running along Crossways.  I was quite refreshing.  I thought it would be great to do some cool down stretches with the soft rain drops gently coming down!  DiscoRich and Chris came into the park just as we were about to start our stretches and they joined in.  The rain came down, a little harder, it felt really refreshing.  But I thought I was about to really come down hard, especially as we heard the thunder!  We made our way towards the gate just as the heavens really opened, and then the hailstones happened! Yup, that was refreshing!

Geeky stats

Thursday Evening

I picked up Tracy and we drove to the rec.  It was still warm, but no rain thankfully.  We were also in time to do the two laps of the park, which I was amazed at, the amount of traffic that was on the streets I felt sure we were going to be late!

DiscoRich was commander in chief today and his choice of first running activity was the pyramids.  There were fifteen of us all together so we were put into teams of 5, of course, it's not a race but there is always a little competitiveness that goes on.  

Our team worked hard there were some good sprinting going on and that forth cone was quite a way on the field!  Michael, Carole, me, Tracy and Denise were a team.  We all ran pretty blimmin well that's for sure.  Our team were not the first ones to finish, but we did finish!

Then it was the core workout!  The first core exercise was nigh on impossible for me, on my back, arms straight by the side and then lift up legs straight!  Lifting up off the ground! Oh my goodness! Nope, that wasn't going to happen!  I think I managed to move my bottom up by about 1cm!

We did a few more core exercises, push ups, planks, lunges and squats!  Next it was our par luffs, that's relays to you an me!  Teams of three, running around the perimeter of the green for, well actually I didn't know how long for, but until DiscoRich called time!  Nice stretches after and Bob's your uncle, Sally's your aunt and it's all over for another week!

No geeky stats, I thought I would just rack up the steps instead......ok I forgot to switch my Garmin on!


No comments:

Post a Comment