Tuesday 15 December 2015

Sometimes It Just Feels Right!

Hello blog lovers.

Ok, I expect you have noticed the lack of blogging! It's that time of year, festivness, carol services, christmas parties and get togethers!  And of course my solo running mojo has decided to do a 'runner'  thank goodness for my club, is all I can say!

So first off, Parkrun.  It was SingstarsJo 150th Parkrun!  Always a cause for a celebration!  Cakes, tea and good friends to celebrate and join in.  I just had to be there to join in.  Of course to get the cake I had to run the 5k in the first place!

I wasn't feeling half as bad for a Saturday morning as some other Saturday mornings!  But I wasn't expecting to be breaking any PB's either.  I just did my run and then looked for the cake!  There was just a few bits of the chocolate cake left by the time I got there!  Fantatastic!  I do love choc cake!

My official time for park run was 36:37 mins, so not particually fast, deffo room for improvement!  I shall work on that during next year!

The obligotary selfie!


Geeky stats for Parkrun, 12 December!

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/activity/embed/983881100' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

Later that night it was yet another Petts Wood Runners get together, for the annual Petts Wood Runners Christmas Party! 80's themed as well!  We had a brill time.  I was a little delicate in the morning, and I was glad that I hadn't said that I would be doing the 'hangover' run!  Not that I would anyway as I got church to go to!  But even after church I couldn't manage to go for a run, Christmas shopping was on the agenda, just as my hangover really kicks in!

Me, before I got to the Party!!


So now we are up to date as I tell you about tonights club run.

Group 0

I wasn't sure how many I would be getting in group 0 as I know that some were thinking of trying out for group 1, so I asked first, if there were any to run with me!  Jenny called out from the back!  If there is one to run then there will be  group 0, it's a simple as that. 

The route I had planned was a nice little route, it's similar to one that we had done before, but I have changed it just slightly, just so that no body has any reminders of how far there is yet to run!  Group 0 is all about training your mind to keep going as well.  I remember all too well, when I do my usual solo route to Turpington lane, all those places on route where I walk for a bit.  I't gets in your mind, and you convince yourself that you have to walk now, right where that lamppost that you always walk from, or that pub, or restaurent.

There were four of us in group 0 today, me, Auriol, Jenny and a new lady, Jean.  We all set off after all the other groups had left, we turned left to run along the undulations of Hazelmere, Great Thrift and Woodland Way!  We were running quite well actually!  I was chatting away to Jean and the I heard "You ok Jenny?" from Auriol.  "I ok" she said.  It was just then that I thought I better take a look at my Garmin and we were actually running a 'tad' faster than the announced pace!  11:25 mi/mil!  Ooops!  You would think that as I am holding the thing in my hand I would actually look at it every so often!  But I was just busy chatting with Jean!  .....Why am I holding my Garmin in my hand....?  Well this is why!

I slowed the pace down a bit, probably just as well as it was going up the undulations! The lamppost method came into play again.  A great way to take your mind of things!  We soon got up to the memorial hall.  We had a little walk, to get our breathing under control and then started again.  I remember what PhysioMike had told me and others before when he took group 1 out.  We should learn how to run quietly!  "Run like Scooby doo" he said.  So a great place to practice running like Scooby Doo is here, just on the bridge over the rail lines!  I know last time I said we should 'trip trap, trip trap' over the bridge to wake the troll up, but this time we were going to be as quiet as mice, make like mice!  Quietly over the bridge!  I tell you this, you wouldn't have known we were there!  PhysioMike would be proud of us!

We went along side the car park and then turned right to go along Crestview road, this is the bit that Group 0 haven't done before, so from here they won't know at which point they walked before!  The Psyche now starts to play it's part as it keeps you on your toes!  I thought there would be more Christmas lights along this bit of road, I don't know why, but there you go!  There were still some great christmassy lights to be seen.

We ran along to the main road and then crossed over and ran the length of Crescent Drive.  I was going to add an extra half mile along here, just so that we could run back on our selves and then come out on a different road on to the high street so that we could see the lights on the high street.  But I decided to keep it as it I originally planned.  We were going to see the lights on the other side of the rail lines anyway.

We kept a good pace going, everyone was chatting away, the miles was just not even being noticed as we just ran and walked along to Tudor way.  From there we turned left to run through the high street to see the lights there.  At the little mini roundabout there was a decision to be made.  We could go back down Petts Wood road and then to Cross ways, which would be about a quarter of a mile, so making up our 3 mile run today, or we could go back the way we came, the undulations that we did in the beginning, which will had up to just over half a mile to the planned route!  

Well group 0 were on fire tonight, they chose to take the long route!  No persuasion from me at all!  How brilliant is that!  So we ran back along Woodland way and Great Thrift etc and back to the rec!  A fantastic effort from group o today.  Group 1 were already in the rec doing their cool down stretches!  

So geeky stats for you all

<iframe src='https://connect.garmin.com/activity/embed/983881105' width='465' height='500' frameborder='0'></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment